We are looking to hire a full time Thin Film Engineer to join our technology development team.
Nanowave designs and manufactures custom sensing and communications hardware for space, aerospace and defence OEMS. Our thin film capabilities include deposition of metals, metal composites and dielectrics on a wide range of ceramic and other substrates.
The successful candidate will work with RF engineering, thin film personnel and customer engineering personnel to develop and manufacture and characterize thin novel thin film solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and optimize thin film deposition processes to meet novel requirements.
- Characterize thin film coating techniques on new materials, including curved surfaces.
- Implement appropriate process control and track KPIs.
- Provide technical support for high volume thin film component manufacturing.
- Create and maintain manufacturing documentation.
- Interface closely with the RF engineering, quality and program management
- Interface with customer engineers
- Extensive experience in Thin Film coating design and deposition including vacuum sputtering, E-Beam, PECVD, as well as photolithography.
- Experience with testing such as spectrophotometry, stress measurements, environmental testing and micro-sectioning.
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting thin film equipment
- Willingness and ability to perform hands-on characterization of prototype designs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Extreme attention to documentation of experiments and final processes
- Highly organized with extreme attention to detail
- Ability to excel within a diverse team structure as well as the ability to work independently
- Ability and willingness to perform detailed literature searches and collaboration with research institutions leading to non-standard thin film solutions.
- Knowledge of ECSS, NASA, MIL-STDs , industry and government standards applicable to thin film products used in the space and aerospace industries.
- B.S. in engineering or science discipline; PhD or M.S. preferred
- 5+ years of thin film coating experience in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent computer skills – Email, MS Word, MS Excel, ERP system
- Experience reading and interpreting technical drawings and engineering specifications
- Ability and willingness to undergo Canadian security clearance process. Active clearance is a positive.
Job Type: Full-time