Brady Enterprises, Inc. is a manufacturer of custom dry mix and powdered food products. In addition to our branded product lines of Bell’s Stuffing and Bar-Tender’s Cocktail Mixes; we are the co-manufacturing choice of Fortune 500 Companies including Hershey, Lipton, Unilever, Kraft and McCormick. At Brady Enterprises, we are 100% committed to delivering superior quality, leading the way in co-manufacturing technologies, and providing personal, hands-on service.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Senior Culinary Food Scientist to join our R&D technical team in East Weymouth, MA. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a primary focus on bench-top development. If you like to roll up your sleeves and create new and innovative foods then you are who we are looking for! The candidate will be responsible for developing innovative new products and enhancing existing products. A strong background in bench top formulating and knowledge of ingredients and functionality is required. The candidate must also have a strong network of suppliers and vendors to call on for assistance. Culinary and working knowledge of spices, sauces, dressing, and all types of baking mixes is a plus. Ability to formulate at bench and scale up to full production is critical. This role supports the R&D team and reports directly to the Director of R&D.
· Independently lead the bench top formulation and execution of lab related work activities that support the development of new products, line extensions, and quality improvement.
· Ability to create new or reverse engineer a wide variety of both wet and dry blend formulas including beverages, seasonings, soups, gravies, marinades, rubs, snack seasonings, bakery mixes and more.
· Identify and assess food ingredients from vendors that are in compliance with established quality assurance standards for appropriate and differentiated use in and across the product portfolio.
· Proactively apply scientific knowledge and technical skills to business issues and opportunities and ensures that all proper documentation is done accurately and on time.
· Ability to support the scale up, first production, and quality assurance practices of developed products through the commercialization process.
· Support the creation of product specifications ensuring that all formulas, manufacturing procedures, nutritional and regulatory compliance on all packaging and labels are met along with meeting Brady’s product safety and product quality standards.
· Assist with the creation and development of marketing materials (sell sheets, sales presentations, websites, press releases etc.)
· Research and share culinary trends and translate this knowledge into viable in
· Provide technical support to Marketing, Sales, Manufacturing, and external customers in the areas of product features and benefits, product solutions, and ingredient functionality
· Build an external culinary network in order to drive application ingredients and blended formula designed to meet customers’ expectations.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in culinary arts, culinology, food science or related field of science from an accredited college or university.
- 10-15 years of R&D bench top formulation with a strong understanding of culinary applications, food chemistry, quality and safety, and food regulations.
- Working knowledge spices, savory ingredients, bakery blends, sweeteners, flavors, and other functional ingredients.
- Knowledge of industry suppliers in variety of areas with strong network of industry contacts.
- Ability to formulate recipes and write specifications with minimal guidance.
- Self-motivator with a strong passion for science and creative problem solving.
- Ability to support multiple projects simultaneous while adhering to deadlines
- Strong time management, writing, and communication skills
- Proven experience in buildings relationships with customers, stakeholders, and team members
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proficient in basic computer programs including Microsoft Office programs
- We offer excellent wages, generous benefits including paid holidays, vacation, and 401K with company match, health, dental, disability and life insurance. Casual Friday Every Day!
- There is no relocation allowance for this position.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to walk, sit, or stand for extended periods
- Must be responsible for Food Safety
Job Type: Full-time
- R&D bench top formulation: 10 -15 years (Required)
Job Type: Full-time
- R&D bench formulation: 10 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement