Job Summary: Manage engineering/technical details of projects for customers in the petrochemical, oil and gas, power generation and air separation markets, based upon the information provided from marketing team and customer specifications. Work with Project Manager in providing detailed information to engineering and manufacturing teams for successful completion of awarded project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Analysis of customer supplied information including drawings, specifications (mechanical, electrical, painting, welding, non-destructive testing, etc.).
· Provide technical information for design & drafting to generate drawings.
· Provide technical information to production for manufacture of equipment.
· Creation of inquiries to sub-suppliers for the purpose of component selection and or costing.
· Purchase/expedite engineered components.
· Follow up with customer for technical clarifications as necessary.
· Produce & schedule test requirements (inspection and test plans) for manufactured equipment.
· Work with Project Manager to help track project cost estimates and all necessary technical data from start to completion of project.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· General knowledge of ANSI B31.3 and B31.1 piping standards and ASME.
· General knowledge of API standards (including but not limited to API-614, API-610, API-611, API-617, API-619, API-676).
· General knowledge of rotating equipment such as pumps, gears, compressors, motors, steam turbines, turbo-expanders, and generators.
· General knowledge of ASTM structural steel material standards for shapes, plate, forgings, castings, bolting.
· General knowledge of heat transfer, filtration, control valve application, instrumentation selection.
· General knowledge of NEC (National Electric Code) and other international electrical codes such as IEC and CSA.
· Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with clients, suppliers, and internal team on a regular basis, both verbally and in writing.
· Must be good at multi-tasking, and running multiple projects in different stages of completion at once.
· High organizational skills are required to maintain and track all project correspondence and documentation.
Credentials and Experience:
· ASS or BS in Engineering
· 5 years related experience in engineering and project management or
· Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Willing to work overtime to meet deadlines. Minimal domestic and international travel for technical meetings at client’s facilities.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Mechanical Engineering: 3 years (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19