Index AR Solutions is a high-tech, high-growth entrepreneurial company based in Williamsburg, Virginia that develops and deploys the world’s best enterprise eBooks and mobile augmented reality applications. Listen and see how one of our utility clients, MidAmerican Energy, describes our company, our mission and our people. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq7VeqB86dA
An Index technical writer is at the center of the creation of our eBooks and collaborates with Index photographers, videographers, graphic artists, project managers and app engineers to produce digital products that are transforming our client’s workforces. An Index technical writer is responsible for outlining, writing, and editing textual content, building relationships with clients at their job sites across the United States, and at times assisting in directing and producing media content, such as photos and videos featuring our client’s workers and team members. The ideal Index candidate is comfortable working in a fast-paced team environment and able to wear multiple hats.
· Writer - outline, organize, and write textual content in book form.
· Researcher – work with client technical information and become familiar with client-related content.
· Communicator – build relationships with client instructors, students and subject matter experts.
· Producer/director – go on site with the Index media team to capture the most relevant client content.
· Editor – provide editorial notes on video and text content.
· Travel (25%) – travel on site for video and photo shoots with clients.
· A college degree in Engineering, Technical Writing, English, History, or equivalent experience; other college degrees will be considered if applicability to the position can be shown. (Experience: 3-5 years with college degree, 5-10 years without college degree).
· Must be a team player and willing to work in a “servant leader” culture.
· Must have the willingness and capacity to learn new skills and information.
· Must have demonstrated ability to absorb and write about technical information.
· Must be a self-starter who can recognize what needs to be done and do it.
· Able to remain flexible to resolve challenges as they arise, resolve conflicts, and coordinate resources.
· Must be able to manage workflows of a writing schedule and remain on schedule.
· Experience working with photoshop within Adobe Creative Suite, graphic design, or familiarity with photography and videography is a plus.
· Ability to assist in page layout design and formatting is a plus.
· Must work on location at Index AR Solutions for at least the first two years.
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
About Index AR Solutions. To learn more about Index, visit www.indexarsolutions.com
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Williamsburg, VA 23185 (Required)
- Writing skills: 1 year (Required)
- Technical Writing: 1 year (Required)
Willingness To Travel: