Civil Engineer - Project Manager – Laramie, Wyoming
Trihydro, a mid-sized engineering and environmental consulting firm with a national footprint, is seeking dynamic, experienced civil engineers to join our team focused on public sector infrastructures projects and water resource development in Laramie, Wyoming and surrounding areas. If you are up to the challenge of addressing the infrastructure and water resource needs in these areas, we encourage you to join our team.
Improving our communities and the environment is at the heart of Trihydro’s mission. We achieve our mission by empowering our employees to develop solutions that exceed our clients’ expectations. We understand our employees are our number one asset; treating them as such has fostered a strong company culture that has spurred our growth and diversification over the past 35 years. We need experienced civil engineers who are willing to play key roles in our continued pursuit of our mission and continued growth and diversification.
As a member of our team, you will develop solutions for municipalities, state agencies, and private clients addressing water supply, water supply management, infrastructure needs, and improvements. You will interact with existing clients and help develop relationships with new clients. Your charge will be to develop or improve water supply, infrastructure systems including water, sanitary sewer, transportation, stormwater and others, making them sustainable for generations to come.
In this role you will have responsibilities such as project and task management, developing design calculations and detailed construction plan sets, permitting, data review, construction observation and administration, technical report writing, and client relationship management.
You will be based in Laramie, Wyoming, at our headquarters office. Our Laramie office is set in a great location adjacent to the Laramie River with direct access to the City’s shared-use path. Laramie is also home to the University of Wyoming, which brings many sporting and cultural events to town for residents to enjoy.
We encourage you to apply if:
· You have 10 - 15 years relevant engineering design experience. Relevant experience includes designing civil infrastructure and water and/or wastewater systems, including but not limited to dams and reservoirs, water storage tanks, water distribution, transmission, storage, pump stations, sanitary sewer systems, stormwater drainage, rural and urban roads, and other civil projects
· You are a strong communicator, both orally and written, with the ability to communicate effectively with clients and team members
· You are a Professional Engineer (P.E.), or can obtain your P.E. in a timely manner
· You have experience with AutoCAD and Civil 3D, OpenRoads Designer and/or related CAD programs
· You have experience with hydrologic and hydraulic modeling and various structure design
· You possess strong technical and problem-solving skills, including attention to detail, accuracy and completeness, as well as a commitment to producing high-quality deliverables
· You have an interest and ability to travel to client locations and other Trihydro offices
· You understand the importance of time management and possess excellent organization skills
· You have a strong driving record and a commitment to safe operations
This job is for you if:
· You desire career-growth opportunities and are interested in playing an integral role in a growing team and company
· You want to be part of a dynamic company that treats its team members like family
· You value working with others to achieve goals that make a difference to our clients and our communities
At Trihydro, our approach to work is honest and hard-working. You’ll find a company culture that is dedicated to excellence, nurtures collaboration and growth, and still finds plenty of time for fun! Some of the benefits of joining our team include:
· Robust health insurance (medical, dental, vision, and prescription)
· Industry-leading 401(k) retirement plan, including a discretionary 6% match by Trihydro
· Comprehensive paid time off including vacation, comp/flex, sick, and holiday pay
· Wellness program, including reimbursement for gym membership, park passes, or related expenses
· Staff mentoring and opportunities for professional/career advancement
· Best-in-class safety culture built to protect our employees – the mothers, fathers, sons, and daughters who deserve to go home safely each night
This is a full-time position averaging 40-45 hours per week. Interested candidates should apply at https://www.trihydro.com/about-us/careers with their application, resume, and cover letter addressed to Trihydro’s Recruiting Team.
Trihydro is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected Veteran.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Discount
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
- Vision Insurance
- AutoCAD & Civil 3D: 10 years (Preferred)
- relevant engineering design: 10 years (Preferred)
- water and/or wastewater systems: 10 years (Preferred)
- technical report writing: 10 years (Preferred)
- civil infrastructure: 10 years (Preferred)
- hydrologic and hydraulic modeling: 10 years (Preferred)
- Professional Engineer (Preferred)