Do you want to work for one of the top engineering firms in the country?
Simpson Gumpertz & Heger Inc. (SGH) is a national engineering firm that designs, investigates, and rehabilitates structures, building enclosures, and materials. Our award-winning work encompasses building, energy, civil/infrastructure, and science/defense projects in the United States, Canada, and more than thirty additional countries.
We want someone passionate about mechanical engineering and problem solving.
What You'll Be Doing:
What You'll Need:
- Perform a wide range of tasks including client consultation, project management, and report preparation.
- Interface with building and fire officials.
- Provide support and participate in forensic and litigation activities.
- Take an active role in the growth and development of fire engineering at SGH.
Why You'll Like Working at SGH:
- MS in Fire Protection Engineering preferred.
- Experience in fire protection engineering or related field.
- Professional Registration or ability to obtain registration in fire protection engineering or related field.
- Project management, system design, and computer modeling skills are desired.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a valid driver's license and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report.
Our client's partner with us for more than just technical knowledge. They come to us with their most challenging issues and we leverage our collective expertise to deliver exceptional results.
We are people of high character and diverse talents who work hard and laugh often. We offer robust wellness and employee assistance programs, paid time off and flexible work arrangements, and retirement plan options that include generous company contributions.
Committed individuals embrace an obligation to give back to others. We are driven to share our knowledge and energy outside of the office to help improve our chosen professions and local communities.
SGH has over 650 employees and offices in Boston, Chicago, Houston, New York City, San Francisco, Southern California, Waltham, MA and Washington DC.
SGH® is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity in our workforce. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all job applicants and employees. We consider all qualified applicants and encourage individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to apply. If the application system is not accessible to you, or you need a reasonable accommodation to apply due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.