- This person primary job will not be adding the equipment or cabling but surveying the sites and documenting the information.
- Understanding of running & routing fiber, transport and power cabling.
- Proficient in laying out the environment (cable rack, fiber duct, etc.) to run these cables on.
- Understanding of placing equipment bays/relay racks and cabinets at the sites.
- Support the design and engineering process by planning and preparing engineering project specs for construction and installation and/or decommission of equipment in central office, remote cabinets, and huts.
- Produce installation spec packages including installation instructions, cable running lists, rack elevation drawings, and bill of materials
- Interpret Layer 1-3 network designs and site survey information to determine placement of new equipment, required material, cable type, and OSP cabinet modifications
- Complete designs in accordance to customer specifications and guidelines
- Escalate design concerns and suggest alternative solutions
- Provide support for installation and provisioning teams and adjusting project specifications as necessary to ensure successful project implementation
- True up of As-Builts based on changes as necessary
- Support client needs by answering questions and resolving concerns as situations arise
- Read and understand highway/road prints and site survey information
- Provide support to internal teams
Job Type: Full-time
- AT&T LNS experience required ???????
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Knowledge of client proprietary systems a plus (CenturyLink, GTE, Verizon, AT&T, Windstream, etc.)
- PC literate (working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook) and tech savvy
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks while maintaining expected deadlines
- Knowledge of National Electric Safety Code (NESC) Standards
- Exceptional critical thinking ability
- Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- A professional appearance and attitude
- Experience with AC, DC, and rectifier power systems
- A deep understanding of telecommunications engineering and related systems, and the ability to comprehend and modify inside and outside plant record drawings
- Minimum of 2-4 years of ISP Engineering experience in telecommunications, which includes but is not limited to Central Office, Remote Cabinets, cross-connect boxes, DSL, FTTN etc.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $35.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Cabling: 1 year (Preferred)
- field engineering: 1 year (Preferred)
Willingness to travel: