EPB is an energy and connectivity solutions provider that puts our customers, employees, and community first. Working at EPB is more than just a job. It is an opportunity to join a company whose values you feel proud of – a company that supports you on your journey to becoming the best possible version of yourself. We seek those with a compelling urge to serve a meaningful purpose and to make a difference.
We are always seeking motivated, passionate, and highly skilled technical and engineering talent to come grow with us! As an ongoing recruitment effort, we are looking for individuals who have experience with leading complex technical projects that cross domains and business functions. The ideal candidate will have a high level of technical knowledge of software and systems development while also having the ability to communicate and work efficiently with a breadth of perspectives and skill sets.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Works directly with senior leadership to determine project feasibility including availability of corporate resources and strategic time frame for project launch
- Provides technical leadership to project team
- Brings awareness of any technical pitfalls or hurdles that arise and provides cost analysis or plan to senior leadership on what is required to move forward
- Leads internal project team meetings, external vendor meetings and liaises with any additional professional service resources.
- Builds a road map for project completion and mitigates any technical hurdles or roadblocks that arise
- Utilizes project and workflow management tools to visualize and present project status to key stakeholders
- Liaises with all involved parties to manage time and availability
- Creates, manages, and reviews all technical scopes of works, requests for proposals and associated contracts in conjunction with the legal team and senior leadership
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field. (An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.)
- 10+ years experience in executing technical projects as an Engineer or Project Lead
- Experience running a team of data and business analysts, software or system engineers.
- Experience with programming languages, databases and SQL (PostgreSQL, Oracle, Netezza, etc.), data scientist tools such as R, SPSS, or Matlab, analytics software like Tableau, and the MS Office Suite including Visio are a plus.