Open to 4-10hr 2nd Shift / 3rd Shift/ or a 3-day 36-hour Weekend 1st Shift (paid for 40-hours)
Please complete this quick personality survey in order to be considered for this position: https://www.cultureindex.com/c/5A1B77
Why Work Here ...
Come join a growing team who values your input and dedication to improvement!
Thinking about a job at Aries Industries? We believe you should work here because we are employee and family oriented. We are a friendly company, where our employees support each other. Aries is an accountable, values-based organization. We are an innovative leader in the manufacturing of robotic pipeline inspection and rehabilitation equipment for the water, sewer, oil/gas and mining industries worldwide. We have been doing business since 1985 and are a privately held, medium-sized manufacturer. Aries manufactures efficient and durable inspection systems, rehabilitation equipment and data management software used by underground infrastructure professionals. Our technology-driven products keep crews running faster and longer.
We support our products with expert service to maximize our customer’s up time, productivity, and profit. Our products include video cameras and systems, cutting, and grouting equipment. Custom outfitted vehicles provide professional working platforms that help keep our customers safe and working efficiently. We offer competitive and excellent benefits.
Visit our YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmDkOt6Ii8bmtkUBnxnHOxA?view_as=public
The CNC operator sets-up and operates machining equipment to produce precision machined metal. Machine part to required and preform basic maintain on the machines.
Job Requirements and Primary Responsibilities:
- Live company values every day.
- Actively work to fulfill company goals.
- Perform all job duties following 5S/LEAN Manufacturing requirements and according to all safety and health policies.
- Setup Vertical Machining Centers, Horizontal Machining Centers and CNC Lathes.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, programming sheets, and related technical data to determine tooling requirements, setup procedure, control settings, and machining methods and sequences.
- Mounts, aligns, and secures tooling, attachments, and work piece on machine.
- Loads program in machine controller or enters command to retrieve pre-programmed instructions from data base.
- Calculates and sets machine controls to position tooling in relationship to work piece and to regulate factors such as cutting depth, speed, feed, and coolant flow.
- Starts machine and monitors display and machine operation to detect malfunctions.
- Stops machine to change cutting tools when dull, and to measure parts for conformance to blueprint specifications.
- Edits commands to adjust machine controls to correct malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining.
- Discusses programming errors with supervisor or programmer to resolve problems.
- Cleans machine, tooling, and parts. Performs machine maintenance.
- Build and incorporate fixtures for machining purposes
- Inspect own work
- Troubleshoot CNC Machining alarms
- Basic machine preventative maintenance
- Requires good oral and written communication skills in order to interact with other employees.
- Mathematical skills.
- Ability to read blueprints, engineering drawings, etc.
- Able to read and follow G code programs for Vertical Machining Centers, Horizontal Machining Centers and CNC Lathes.
- Strong attention to detail.
Required Experience and Education:
- Requires education generally equivalent to a High School Diploma, plus some specialized training in use of CNC machine centers.
- Training in mathematics, drawing, blueprint reading, GDT and safety.
- Able to communicate effectively in English.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of Vertical/Horizontal Machining Centers and CNC Lathes
- 2 years of CNC operator experience
- Required to frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- The employee is regularly required to walk, sit, stand to operate machine, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and reach above shoulders.
- Will regularly talk and listen and move from place to place and will frequently use hands to finger, handle or touch.
Specific vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Job Type: Full-time
- CNC Operator: 1 year (Preferred)
- Evening (Preferred)
- Mid-Day (Preferred)
- Graveyard (Preferred)
- Morning (Preferred)
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly