The function of the Leasing Department is to work as a strategic partner contributing to the development and accomplishment of the company business plan and objectives. The Leasing Department provides the company with structure and the ability to meet business needs by effectively managing and overseeing all leasing responsibilities for the company portfolio.
The Manager of Tenant Coordination position is effectively managing and directing the activities and specific operations or projects within the Leasing Department. This position is responsible for planning, organizing, leading and controlling the daily work of projects within the department. This role will work directly with Leasing, Development, Architects/Engineers, Construction Management, Tenants and Contractors to deliver tenant spaces on time and within budget in accordance with all lease and plan requirements. The Manager of Tenant Coordination will meet with Leasing and review lease requirements and manage those requirements for Landlord’s work, if any, and Tenant’s work.
This position contributes to the accomplishment of the company’s leasing strategy and goal achievement and objective that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, absolute accountability, quality, productivity and standards, and Objective and Key Results (OKR’s) attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce in accordance to the Company’s Manifesto and Culture Deck.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee specific operation or projects within the Leasing Department.
- Essential element in driving the day-to-day operations of the company.
- Manage and oversee, train, discipline, and evaluate employees.
- Meet lease requirements of tenant and landlord.
- Review tenant improvement plans.
- Oversee multiple projects for budget, quality control and on time delivery.
- Thoroughly understand leases and what is Landlord work vs Tenant work.
- Review all plans and specifications for Landlord and Tenant work in coordination with Construction Manager.
- Understand the development the Tenant is going into.
- Oversee multiple projects for budget, quality control and on time delivery.
- Establish a process to receive and track all necessary permits, licenses, insurance and signoffs for each Tenant space. Assist Tenant with obtaining plans and permits.
- Understand where and how all utility services originate for the given space.
- Coordinate with Leasing and Construction to establish site conditions upon turnover to Tenant through LOI and Leasing process.
- Establish some material standards if possible, with established required contractors, for installations of i.e. roofing, sprinkler, HVAC and exterior shell work.
- After meeting with Architect and Tenant, if necessary, establish a conceptual budget and get agreement of budget with Leasing, Construction and Tenant.
- Meet with Architect to finalize plans for the buildout and get all pertinent information for building on plans
- Hold kick-off meetings with Tenant, Tenant’s architect/contractor, leasing agent and all pertinent parties..
- Work closely with tenants own Contractor to complete within budget and time frame.
- Provide monthly schedule updates to the Leasing Team.
- Monitor construction progress.
- Use the established project budgeting format.
- Use Plan-grid for documentation of plans, changes, punch-list and turnover to Tenants.
- Collect all final documents, asbuilts, O & M booklets and or any necessary information for hand off to Facilities Management or Tenant.
- Perform final punch list review with Tenant and Contractor.
- Perform post construction warranty review.
- All other duties as assigned, and or as requested of by Leasing Team or Hendricks Commercial Properties President, or other employees and then reviewed with direct supervisor.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above list reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle and essential functions of the position and shall not be construed as the only duties that may be assigned for the position.
Communicates position directly and honestly while demonstrating respect for others.
Knows how business works; demonstrates knowledge of current business practices and future trends. Knows the competition.
Focuses on the big picture to identify trends and create opportunities.
Decision Making Skills:
Gathers and analyzes information, considers consequences, and arrives at a timely decision that meets organizational goals. Work with considerable independence and must have the ability to exercise proper business-related decisions.
Ethics and Integrity:
Possesses strong set of core values and beliefs consistent with social, ethical, and organizational principals. Confronts unethical situations.
Presents information in a way that causes others to listen, consider alternate forms of accomplishing goals, and act to achieve goals. Strong written detail and organization to effectively communicate with ownership, senior management and employees.
Drives behavior to emphasize achievement. Self-directed toward accomplishment. Highly motivated and works with considerable independence. Consistently high achieving.
Builds on strengths and looks for ways to build positive relationships on the work team. Demonstrates trust and respect for others.
Demonstrates the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform required job elements to established standards. Remains current regarding developments and trends in areas of expertise.
Trust and Respect:
Offers respect to all in the work environment, adheres to high personal standards of acceptance, reliability, openness, and consistency of action with words.
Sees beyond the present, anticipates future results, and accurately predicts trends. Verbalizes the vision and leads the work group in that direction.
Education Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture, or related field.
Experience and/or Training
- Four to eight years’ minimum experience in Construction Management related field.
- Requires experience and understanding of construction means and methods, conceptual estimating, material and labor costs and use to provide a detailed Project budget, and construction scheduling systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis to complete multiple tenant spaces in various locations.
- Strong commitment to a team-oriented approach with a proven ability to handle challenges and strategize solutions.
- Strong personal skills to interact with tenants, contractors and management.
Technology/Equipment Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
Travel Ability to travel as necessary to complete multiple tenant spaces in various locations.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those individuals encounter while performing the essential functions of this position.
This position is in a professional office environment; the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.