Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control (MFC) has an opportunity for an Environmental Engineer, Staff at Grand Prairie, Texas or Orlando, FL to support the MFC Business Area operations.
The Environmental Engineer, Staff will support MFC in the ongoing management and enhancement of environmental, safety and health (ESH) programs, regulatory compliance, and provide technical support to plant personnel and functions across the MFC portfolio of operations. Candidate will represent the organization across multiple levels of the company and demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate organization strategy and objectives.
Candidate will assist with ESH program assessments, mishap investigations and environmental incident reviews. Candidate will also be responsible for developing and delivering contractual and regulatory data deliverables; collecting and delivering on ESH metrics; supporting organizational ESH initiatives; providing customer support to employees and programs; and the development of program enhancements relative to overall ESH compliance. The candidate must be able to work on-call and varied shifts on occasion and may be required to travel infrequently. As the senior environmental member of the Business Area Team, the position will maintain/support the internal audit program, the ESH management system, lead key environmental initiatives including chemical management consolidation, systems and tools integration, and manage/coordinate environmental programs.
Primary responsibilities may include:
Candidate will also be responsible for:
- Coordinate and implement the ESH internal audit program;
- Act as the ESH functional POC for REACH, TSCA, and other key environmental requirements affecting international program engagements;
- Actively identify and coordinate waste reduction measures and other pollution prevention opportunities to support the company’s Go Green program, assist in maintaining Go Green metrics for reporting;
- Implement environmental program related modules of the Enablon Management Information System;
- Lead emergency response activities and incident investigations;
- Interface with regulators and other interested parties;
- Write and update environmental processes and procedures;
- Serve as a subject matter expert in program areas and mentor other ESH staff;
- Develop employee training, engagement, and outreach initiatives;
- Aid in compliance and auditing efforts related to the ESH Management System and areas of responsibility.
- Developing, administering, and implementing programs to maintain environmental compliance with key regulatory programs.
- Managing program performance in assigned areas through effective communications, project management, and development of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Providing technical direction and agile, problem-solving techniques to address emerging issues.
- Collecting and presenting ESH metrics.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline.
- Considered a subject matter expert in ESH compliance requirements, regulatory and consensus standards (EPA, TCEQ, OSHA, ANSI, ASME, etc.).
- Experience managing Federal environmental programs, including RCRA, CERCLA, EPCRA, Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, and general facility environmental compliance.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with computer-based tools and applications (Microsoft Office business program).
- Ability to work independently and as part of a larger team.
- Ability to obtain and hold a government secret security clearance.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree from an accredited university in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, or related science field.
- Experience working within Texas-specific environmental regulations.
- Experience in and supporting manufacturing and laboratory research and development operations, and experience working directly with supervisors and employees to address issues.
- Experience leading and closing incident investigations.
- Experience sharing best practices and lessons learned across teams and communities.
- Experience analyzing data to identify trends, risks, and opportunities.
- Demonstrated customer oriented approach, project management skills, and teaching/training approach.
- Knowledge of and experience with ESH management systems, such as ISO 14001, 45001, OSHA VPP; Lead auditor certification a plus.
- Experience with lean manufacturing and continual improvement; Green Belt or Black Belt certified a plus.
- Certifications in the ESH profession.
- Experience with emerging technologies and regulations relative to the ESH function.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.