Job Title: FPGA Waveform Engineer
Location: Herndon VA
Duration: Long Term
- Designing and testing complex, high speed, FPGA designs implementing DSP algorithms
- Designing and supporting top-level system simulations
- Translating requirements into FPGA architectures
- Implementing and documenting FPGA designs using HDL (System Verilog, VHDL, etc.)
- Supporting systems integration and Test Engineering to produce functional design
- Implementing and contributing to the architecture of next generation satellite communication systems such asDVB-S2x
- Producing simulations of and designs for communication channels enabling the study of both channel improvement measures, such as pre-distortion/pre-coding as well as overall satellite communication system efficiency, such as interference mitigation/cancellation, successive interference cancellation, multiuser detection, and phased array antenna techniques (both space and ground segments)
- Designing the implementations for further advances in adaptive TDMA, SCPC return channels, including modeling and design of algorithms for real time embedded system implementation
- Designing and the implementation of anti-jam DSP techniques implemented in FPGA logic
- Creating test plans to assure integrated performance meets specification
- Writing internal and external facing documents about iDirect Government physical layer FPGA technology
- Experience and Skills
- FPGA design experience using Verilog, VHDL or System Verilog language targeting Xilinx/Altera FPGA’s
- FPGA design experience with physical synthesis, static timing analysis, formal verification, power analysis, and other DRC centric tools
- Experience with ModelSim/QuestaSim simulation tools
- Experience Matlab/Simulink or equivalent for development of DSP algorithms implemented in FPGA’s
- Experience with Altera/Xilinx development tools
- Demonstrated ability to verify digital logic designs with System Verilog
- Experience with digital PCB design, and hardware test equipment
- Demonstrated digital signal processing and FPGA waveform implementation knowledge
- Experience with JTAG, DAC/ADC functional and RF parametric test development
- Experience with high speed interfaces such as JESD-204B, 10/40G Ethernet, XAUI, etc.
- Ability to plan/perform analysis, studies/trade-offs in support of subsystem specification and hardware, FPGA and software design recommendations
- Comfort working closely with senior engineering specialties on simultaneous top-down/bottom-up design and configuration for RF communication and monitoring systems
- Experience in architecting or designing and testing systems/fixtures in a multi-disciplinary environment including developing and writing software for test and integration, e.g. C, LabView, Python, etc
- Experience in design of RF signal conditioning subsystems including switches, cables, amplifiers and filters
- RF measurement experience and use of RF test and measurement Equipment such as Spectrum Analyzers, Network Analyzers, signal generators, etc.
- Experience with modulators/demodulators, forward error correction, adaptive channels, anti-jam algorithms, etc
- Extensive experience with both Altera and Xilinx design and verification tools
- Experience of RFIC design, designing microwave blocks such LNA, PA, TTD, and Phase shifters
- Experience with Xilinx and Altera System-on-Chip devices: Xilinx Zynq-7000, Xilinx Zynq MPSoC, Altera SoC FPGA
- Background in RF chain design and considerations
- Background in anti-jam methodologies and design considerations
- Familiarity with Networking, TCP/IP, UDP, SIP/RTP, DNS, DHCP, etc.
- Experience with scripting tools and languages such as Make, Tcl, or Python
- Experience with C/C++, bash, Python programming, etc.
- Experience with Xilinx and/or Altera high level synthesis tools
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Satellite Communication experience
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or closely related field (must be from accredited college or university); MSCS/MSEE would be a plus; minimum five years related experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60.00 per hour
- FPGA: 5 years (Preferred)
- Active DoD clearance or ability to obtain a DoD clearance.
- Only full-time employees eligible