CNC Programmer/Set Up
Are you interested in building a career with a drug free company rather than working another job?
Is it important to you to be a valued member of a team instead of just a number?
Do you like the idea of a three day weekend, every weekend?
Renton Coil Spring is the Global Leader for Titanium Spring Manufacturing and Innovation.
RCS is ISO 9001/AS9100 Certified and uses cutting-edge, patented technology and engineering expertise to develop products for the most challenging of aerospace, commercial and performance applications. With a strong commitment to R&D, lean manufacturing, and continuous processes improvement, RCS values dedicated team members that are focused and motivated.
RCS offers an extensive benefits package with health, dental, vision, life insurance and 401(k) with matching employer contributions and tuition reimbursement.
The CNC Programmer should have an interest in custom machinery manufacturing with high-performance materials and will be responsible for the programming of custom parts, tooling, and R&D projects and be familiar with SolidWorks and CamWorks. This individual is confidently able to read and execute all engineering documentation and coordinate closely with dimensional techs, engineering, and machine operators. The ideal candidate should be able to work with a fully dimensioned drawing, a 3D model, a back of napkin sketch or just an idea! This role is progressive and will develop in accordance with skill set over time.
- Analyze work cards, drawings, blueprints, specifications, and design data in order to determine the appropriate machine tool, work holding and cutter selection, machine speeds, and feed rates
- Using CAD/CAM (Solidworks & Camworks) software, select the appropriate cutting tools and speeds/feeds for a variety of material types to create CNC programs and instructions.
- Coordinate closely with machine operators to ensure successful machining of parts using created programming and update/optimize programs based on input from other machinists.
- Dimensional inspection of production parts and tooling using typical inspection tools (calipers, micrometers, bore gauges, etc.)
- Verify all operations have been completed as specified on the documents.
- Maintain continuity between two work shifts by communicating requirements, documenting irregularities and troubleshooting issues as they arise.
- Work with machinists, programmers and engineers and others to resolve machining and or drawing tolerance problems.
- Continually improve our processes and services through innovative solutions/ideas.
- Participate in Cross-Functional Teams as required.
- At least 5-10 Years of Technical CNC minimum of 4-Axis Machine Programming Experience- using a recognized CAD/CAM system.
- Familiarity with Solidworks & Camworks
- Understanding of tooling, machine controllers, programming and set up of CNC controlled Lathes and/or Mill machines.
- Working knowledge of G Code
- Lean Process Improvement Experience
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment which emphasizes continuous learning of new skills and cross training.
- Strong mathematical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Organized, flexible, able to handle multiple tasks.
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Non Exhaustive List of Beneficial Experience:
- Ability to read a blueprint, CAD Drafting, technical drawing, and material science.
- Experience with Dual Spindle CNC Turning Center with Live Tooling
- Experience working in an ISO 9001 Facility
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time