CNC Programming Coordinator
June 1, 2020
New Flyer of America – North America’s largest transit bus, motor coach manufacturer and parts distributor is seeking a CNC Programmer to join its growing international team.
Join us as we continue advancing innovation and sustainable transit solutions that connect people with places.
With 31 locations across the U.S. and Canada, and over 85 years of experience manufacturing buses, New
Flyer is building on a solid foundation to drive North America forward with progressive transit technology that serves communities and makes cities smarter.
Don’t settle for a job when you can build an impactful and exciting career.
As a team member of the production team you will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of all
Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) programs for all Machine Shop CNC equipment.
What you will do:
- Reviews all new and revised engineering drawings and designs and creates/modifies CNC programs for all
CNC equipment in the Machine shop ensure material utilization.
- Update and distribute all set up sheets for the 24 Hour operation of the Machine Shop in a timely manner.
- Work along side bargaining unit employees to help develop improved programs based on shop floor needs.
- Monitors part designs, tooling requirements, batch sizes and material usage to ensure CNC programs maximize machine efficiency.
- Work with Engineering, Purchasing, and Planning departments to initiate process improvements related to
- Create protype and special project parts for Non-standard work orders.
- Create parts program libraries within the Windows, operating environments.
- Develop new and improved methods to maximize program and machine efficiency.
- Produces and modifies programs in accordance with the ISO quality systems program.
- Assist in determining future CNC shop floor equipment and office programming software.
- Collect and send DXF files to supplier/vendor site for periodical subcontracting requirements.
- Completes special assignments as required.
New Flyer is an EEO/AAP/Female/Minority/Disabled/Vets Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- manufacturing buses: 2 years (Required)
- CNC Programming: 3 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)