LOVE working on cars? LOVE VW? We want you!
Awesome schedule for the work life balance! Largest VW Service Center in Western Canada: Extended Health and Medical Benefits: Great working Environment: 3 Week Rotating Work Schedule (4*10 hour days per week - 5 consecutive days off GUARANTEED every 3 weeks)*
Clarkdale Volkswagen is looking for an Automotive Technician who is able to inspect, maintain and repair automobiles that run on electricity, gasoline, or diesel.
With over 50 years of selling and servicing vehicles, Clarkdale has a dedicated client list and more new customers every day. We offer continuous training, the opportunity to advance your career in the automotive industry, a competitive compensation package and an incredible work environment.
- Test to check whether systems and components are secure and are working properly.
- Drive the vehicle for testing purposes or using various equipment, including hand-held and onboard compression gauges or diagnostic computers.
- Maintain efficiency and accuracy in diagnosing as well as repairing vehicles.
- Repair or replace worn parts ahead of the vehicle's breakdown or damage.
- Follow a checklist to ensure that each critical part of the vehicle is examined.
- Watch or inspect closely parts like hoses, belts, plugs, fuel systems, brakes, and other possible troublesome items.
- Use power tools like pneumatic wrenches in order to remove bolts easily and quickly.
- Use machine tools, such as grinding machines and lathes to rebuild brakes.
- Use common hand tools like screwdrivers, wrenches, and pliers, to work on small-scale parts.
- Inspect motor in operation, road test motor vehicle, and test automotive systems and components using computerized diagnostic and other testing devices to diagnose and isolate faults.
- Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of automotive systems including fuel system, brakes, steering and suspension, engine and drive train, emission control and exhaust, cooling and climate control, and electrical and electronic systems using hand tools and other specialized automotive repair equipment. .
- Perform scheduled maintenance service, such as oil changes, lubrications and tune ups.
- Advise customers on work performed, general vehicle condition and future repair requirements.
- Inspect and test mechanical units, such as engines, transmissions, axles and brake systems, to locate faults and malfunctions.
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions and confirm findings with supervisor to determine whether to repair or replace unit.
- Test and adjust units to specifications for proper performance.
- Complete reports to record problems and work performed.
- High School diploma
- Valid driver’s license with a clean abstract.
- Automotive service technician trade certification.
- 5 years of direct work experience in automotive repairs and service (including apprenticeship) is preferred.
- Exceptional customer service skills with the desire to exceed expectations.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment, with attention to details.
- Extensive knowledge of different automobiles and their service needs.
- Excellent analytical, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Should be able to operate electronic diagnostic equipment.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
- Up-to-date knowledge of automotive parts and their functions.
- Ability to effectively communicate automotive issues clearly.
- Ability to work independently, managing his/her time and work flow.
- Dealership experience is preferred.
- Computer skills and ADP knowledge.
- Competitive Compensation package
- Flexible working schedule and great hours
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- Medical and Dental Benefits
- Job Training and growth opportunity
- Opportunity to work with the latest equipment and incredibly fast growing European brand
What other companies call this job...
- Automotive Mechanic
- Automotive Repairman
- Automotive Engineer
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $32.00-$40.00 per hour
- Commuter Benefits
- Company Events
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Flexible Schedule
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Store Discount
- automotive technician: 5 years (Preferred)
- Vancouver, BC (Preferred)
- Drivers License - manual and automatic (Preferred)
- Red Seal (Preferred)