Cougar Helicopters Inc. currently has a full-time temporary contract opportunity for a Junior Software Developer at our St. John's base.
General Job Definition
The Junior Software Developer will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining company software applications. The ideal candidate has strong problem solving skills, learns quickly, and works well in a team environment.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Work as part of a team to develop new applications and update current applications;
- Highly skilled in managing a project independently from start to finish;
- Ability to manage assigned tasks within a provided scope;
- Write high quality and well-documented code using primarily Microsoft ASP.NET / Classic ASP and SQL Server, following the department's processes and standards;
- Responsible for application testing and integration;
- Provide regular project status of work in progress, problems/issues; and
- Other project related duties from a development perspective.
Safety and Quality Responsibilities
- Practice, actively promote and monitor workplace safety;
- Be familiar with and comply with the Cougar SMS and HSE policies and procedures;
- Be responsible for knowing, understanding and complying with the workplace requirements for the Cougar’s day-to-day operations and asking for assistance when they are unclear about a workplace process to complete a job task safely;
- Report hazards: If an employee encounters an unsafe or harmful condition or situation or if they are unclear if a task is safe, the employee is responsible to report this immediately to their supervisor or through the Cougar Safety Hazard Observation Program (S.H.O.P.); and
- Wear the proper personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Minimum of 1-2 years of relevant work experience in an IT support role;
- Programming, analysis, and design experience;
- Intermediate level development skills in ASP, ASP.NET;
- Object-oriented programming experience;
- Experience with XML, JSON and Web APIs;
- Experience in building SQL queries, stored procedures, and SQL defined functions;
- Intermediate database experience using Microsoft Access, SQL Server;
- Some database experience using DB2;
- Experience with IIS, and development using web and client / server technologies;
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal); and
- Some experience with Microsoft Visual Source Safe, Microsoft Visual Studio, and Team Foundation Server.
Interested parties should forward their resume to Human Resources by email no later than the close of business on September 20, 2019. Please attach a resume in the form of PDF or Microsoft Word document and identify your interest in the position by stating the subject line: "CHI-JSD-09-2019”.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract