Structural Engineering - Project Engineer
Civil Engineering, Construction, Design
Engineering, Design, Project Management
At KNA, we deliver innovative, creative structural engineering solutions for architects, owners and commercial developers. Our success is built upon our talented and dedicated staff of professionals and our thoughtful productive collaboration with clients and each other. Our company, located in beautiful South Orange County, has an open and friendly culture; we are resourceful and hardworking.
We are looking for the same qualifications in responding candidates to join our Irvine office and help support our strong client base.
The ideal candidate’s qualifications include:
- Bachelor of Science in Architectural Engineering or Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (Structural emphasis) from an ABET-accredited university
- 3+ years of Structural Engineering experience in building design
- California seismic engineering background
- Proficiency with the California Building Code and related codes
- California PE license (or ability to obtain within 12 months)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- This role is a high visibility position requiring exemplary communication and collaborative skills with the project team, staff and clients.
- Excellent leadership skills to direct your team of technical experts and communicating positively with clients and other professionals.
- The ability to prepare structural calculations, create construction documents and find solutions to complex architectural designs.
- Self-motivated and technically proficient.
- Identify design and construction issues and plan clarifications that need to be finalized for completion of tasks.
- The ability to contribute to projects and our approach that continually sharpen our processes.
- Mentoring staff through your leadership skills and experience.
- Experience with Division of State Architect (DSA)
- OSHPD knowledge
- REVIT experience
- ASCE 41 experience
The individual will report to the Principal-in-Charge, work independently and with a team of talented professionals. Minimum travel may be required.
Our long-term success has been built on the integrity of our employees; therefore we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package along with a dynamic work environment that encourages professional development. To learn more about KNA and our projects, please visit knastructural.com.
Send cover letter and resume to: https://knastructural.com/about/careers/
Job Type: Full-time
- Structural Engineering: 3 years (Preferred)
- CA Professional Engineer (Preferred)