Wanted: Entry Level Project Engineer Who's Ready to Grow
Getting a job as an entry level Project Engineer at Byrne & Jones Construction might be the smartest career move you'll ever make. You will be joining a construction company that is leading the way in our areas of specialty.
We are the number one asphalt paving company in the St. Louis metro area. We are also one of the largest builders of athletic fields in the Midwest - football, baseball, soccer, track, and tennis - if it's an awesome looking field, court or track, odds are good we built it. Concrete flatwork, structural concrete, soil stabilization and micro-surfacing round out our construction services.
We self-perform all of our work - whether that's building a new parking facility, micro-surfacing a ten-mile stretch of highway or designing and building a new soccer complex, making this a tremendous opportunity to learn from the best, work with the best and become your best as you'll be challenged to learn new systems and be part of a team devoted to getting the job done right - on time and on budget.
As an entry level Project Engineer, you will be involved with multiple projects and tasked with bidding, scheduling, estimating, and managing them from concept through completion. It is a fast paced but rewarding job that comes with the satisfaction of knowing that the work we do is helping to build communities - one project at a time.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop and maintain positive relations with internal and external customers
- Read and understand plans and specifications
- Perform quantity take-offs from plans and/or field visits
- Determine project requirements and prepare accurate cost estimates
- Manage construction of projects as per bid documents
- Manage costs of construction
- Support field personnel during construction of work
- Create and send invoices/change orders
- Schedule and coordinate subcontractors and suppliers during construction
- Perform miscellaneous administrative duties such as filing, scanning, copying and other office tasks as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management, Business, or a related field
- Experienced in working with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
Byrne & Jones offers medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, and disability coverage, 401k matching, and vacation and sick leave.
Byrne & Jones is committed to having a high-level team from our Front Desk to our Executive Team. All employees in all office positions go through extensive pre-hire testing and an intensive interview process. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and are committed to maintaining a drug free workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $45,000.00 per year
- What civil engineering software are you familiar with using?
- Construction Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Project Management: 1 year (Preferred)
Company's Facebook page:
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place