Join the leader in the aluminum boat industry.
At Brunswick Lebanon Operations, we pride ourselves with building the highest quality, most durable and innovative fishing boats in the industry. If you have a passion for fishing or boating and desire a career in a growing organization with a team focus, we encourage you to apply for a position with us. Lebanon Operations is looking for individuals to join our team who are proud of our incredible legacy and share in our vision to create life-long memories on the water!
Brunswick Boat Group, a leading manufacturer of aluminum fishing boats and pontoons, has an open Manufacturing Engineer position.
Uses engineering principles to design, procure, install and validate manufacturing processes. Analyzes and plans for labor utilization, equipment requirements, workflow, manufacturing space requirements and layout for maximum efficiency. Interfaces with the development team from concept through start of production to ensure the successful launch of new products.
Apply Lean Six Sigma methodology to achieve goals and implement all activities across departments. Recommend improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions through listening, engaging employees and problem solving.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Development of manufacturing processes by completing detailed engineering analysis of:
- Process flow
- Process labor planning & line balance
- Material flow planning
- Plant layout
- Facilities requirement definition
- Concurrent Product Process Design- Design for Manufacturing
- Shop floor controls systems
- Ergonomic analysis
- Revise or develop Standard Work
- Andon/Plant visual management
- Process failure mode and effect analysis
- Revise or develop manufacturing Standards
Thinks Analytically - The ability to break down problems and gain understanding to make effective decisions.
Drives for Results - The passion to set and meet high standards of performance
Influences Others - The ability to persuade others to support your agenda / objectives
Drives Accountability - The ability to establish clear, measurable goals and deliver on commitments
· Associates degree in Engineering/Manufacturing or related field; Bachelor's degree preferred.
· Minimum of five (5) years in manufacturing engineering or related manufacturing area.
· Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification by a recognized source preferred with demonstrated history a minimum.
· Proficiency in Lean tools, data collection, analysis, and problem solving techniques
· Must be able to read and interpret drawings and specifications.
· Must have excellent verbal, written, listening and communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively among all levels of an organization.
· Demonstrated organizational and follow up skills.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and adapt to changing situations
· Computer proficiency various software, including (ie; Microsoft, Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Project).
· CAD 2D and 3D Modeling preferred
· Marine industry experience preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to high sound levels, welding processes, moving forklifts, elevated loads, and close quarters. The successful candidate will demonstrate a safety mindset to other employees.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, and protected veteran status.
Brunswick Corporation and all subsidiaries are deeply dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Brunswick loves Veterans! All Veterans and Reservists are encouraged to apply. We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. (Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans)
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lebanon, MO 65536: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 5 years (Preferred)
- CAD: 3 years (Preferred)
- Lean Six Sigma: 3 years (Preferred)