OUR PLANTS RUN ON ELECTRICITY. BUT WE’RE REALLY POWERED BY PEOPLE!
Our employees operate in an active, fast-paced state of the art, climate-controlled atmosphere that encourages teamwork, innovate thinking and mutual respect. If you would like to work for a growing company that offers opportunity for advancement and provides training for each employee, come join our WV winning team.
Quality Engineers (QE) are involved in developing and implementing systems to ensure products or services are designed and produced to meet or exceed customer requirements and expectations. Our QE will support our manufacturing policy which states that we Surpass Our Customers’ Needs Or Wants with Manufacturing performance, Employee development, safety and involvement, Technology and product development, Return on investment, Impact on environment and prevention of pollution, Customer satisfaction, and Supply chain management. The QE also participates in the change management process to assure the products or services continue to meet customer requirements. The QE is usually part of a cross-functional team with other business and engineering disciplines. The QE provides independent oversight and review of the project deliverables throughout the lifecycle.
Knowledge | Experience | Skills
High school diploma or GED along with a 4-year degree or 5-year work experience. General knowledge of quality systems, manufacturing systems, and ISO. Experience with quality techniques such as statistical process control, inspection systems, calibration systems, and design of experiments. Good managerial and supervisory skills. Experience with statistical software packages such as Minitab and JMP. Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Strong computer experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Promotes continuous improvement efforts for the company. (Lean Six Sigma & Kaizens)
· Obtain and maintain Black Belt certification.
· Performs statistical analysis, product testing and measurement as necessary.
· Facilitator for Customer Complaint, Corrective Action, and Preventative Action programs.
· Supports the disposition activities of non-conforming products.
· Assists with development of quality training for employees.
· Assists with sales presentations and tours.
· Maintains systems to ensure product quality conforms to customer requirements.
· Establishes and maintains relationships with customers to address issues concerning product
· Assists with product development.
· Understanding of human factors and motivation.
· Assists with activities involved with receiving of purchased materials.
· Performs supplier evaluations and determines supplier quality requirements.
· Responsible for quality product approval packages of new products, (CQV Reports).
· System - Establishes and directs systems to maintain external registration such as ISO
· Generates reports for Quality related metrics (Non-Conforming Material Report, Customer
Complaints, Returned Merchandise Authorization, Scrap Percentages)
· Supports Deviations
· Must demonstrate and maintain minimum classification of “Average” on Munsell Hue Test to
make color based decisions. (Range Boards, MRB’s)
· Backup HACCP Coordinator if name defined as backup in HACCP Plan(s)
· HACCP Team Member if name defined on HACCP Plan(s)
*Signing bonus and relocation assistance available.
Job Type: Full-time