Brown, Mitchell & Alexander, Inc.
Position Title: Civil Design Engineer
Status: Full time, Exempt
Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
Company Overview and Position Description:
Are you looking to make a difference and be a part of projects that make your community a better place? Do you enjoy working on a variety of projects that range from municipal infrastructure repairs to being part of the next healthcare community? If so, we are looking for someone like you to join our team as a Civil Design Engineer.
Brown, Mitchell & Alexander, Inc., is a South Mississippi owned firm that provides engineering, surveying and related services along the Mississippi Gulf Coast region. We focus on engineering solutions to make a better Mississippi Gulf Coast Community. Our firm has been in business for over 50 years and has been part of numerous projects that have shaped the landscape of the coast. From taking in a game at MGM Park, a stroll down the Biloxi Boardwalk, to enjoying an evening at the Bay St. Louis Marina, our firm has worked with many of the Coast communities to make our neighborhoods a better place to live.
Our firm emphasizes the importance of being driven to succeed, being a team player, and being a problem solver.
As a Civil Engineer, you will be involved in projects from concept to construction and have the opportunity to grow your skill set and experience by understanding all facets of completing infrastructure projects. Your work will include managing tasks for various water, sewer, and stormwater systems; active transportation infrastructure improvements; bridge design and both commercial and residential site planning.
We are seeking to hire an Engineer Intern or PE, who possesses our values and the following:
- B.S. or Post-Graduate Degree in Civil Engineering
- Engineer Intern Certification (or ability to achieve within 6 months of hire)
- Experience in AutoCAD including Civil 3D, MicroStation, Word and Excel
- 3-5 years of Experience with Infrastructure Projects is a Plus
How do you thrive at BMA? You would be great here if:
- You are a proven problem solver committed to solutions.
- You are driven to make a difference in your community.
- You are a team player. Stepping outside of or your typical job description from time to time is no problem for you.
- You are detail oriented and task driven.
- You are committed to continuing to learn and growing in your profession.
“BMA offers a competitive salary, benefits and includes performance compensation”
We seek to employ one or more Civil Design Engineers by Spring 2021.
BMA, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $23.00 - $28.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place