Experienced Embedded Software Developer
CS Canada, a subsidiary of CS Communication & Systems a leader in the development of critical systems and software, aims to develop the expertise of the group in North America. CS Canada specializes in project management for development of critical embedded systems. With over 150 engineers, CS Canada puts its expertise to serve major clients primarily in aeronautics, space and automotive. Delivering services for advanced industrial sectors, CS Canada offers the possibility to its engineers to work on technically complex and exciting projects
CS currently has several Experienced Embedded Software Developer positions open. His/her role will be to develop an embedded software to be deployed on an Aerospace application
The experienced software developer reports to a Team Lead. The tasks (but not limited to) associated with the position are:
- Contributing to the preparation of the technical development plan and standard;
- Supporting the high-level software architecture of an embedded software (in compliance with the DO-178C development standard);
- Realizing the different stages of the formal software of development (specification, design of the components and modules, coding and verification);
- Checking the quality of the various software items produced by the other members of the team;
- Ensuring the integration of software packages;
- Reporting clear technical status to the team lead and customer Point of Contacts;
- Evaluating and consolidate workloads;
- Proficient in English (speaking and writing).
- 5 to 10 years experience in embedded software development.
- Experience in Low-level embedded software development.
- Experience in DO-178 standard or equivalent.
- Ability to isolate and troubleshoot hardware, system and software problems.
- Significant experience in writing technical documents (development plan, specification/design documents, etc).
- Software Knowledge: C- Language, Assembly Code, DOORS.
- Experience developing software for microcontroller application.
- Knowledge in communication protocols (ARINC429, Serial communication (RS-422, SPI, I2C)).
- Good communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate with multi-disciplinary stakeholders (system engineers, hardware engineers, managers, chief engineer etc).
- Autonomy and ability to find solutions and compromises.
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in computer or software engineering;
- Agile principles experience (Scrum master, sprint developments);
- Working experience using Enterprise Architect tool;
Please note that only the selected candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time