CDC, Inc. – Boston, MA – Building Envelope Consultant
National/international building envelope consultancy seeks highly motivated exterior wall consultant for Waltham, MA office.
Successful candidate must possess the following qualifications:
· Knowledge of aluminum-and-glass curtain wall systems; window systems; masonry; stone; precast concrete; or unitized/panelized façade systems featuring barrier wall, rain screen or pressure equalized performance capabilities; and have understanding in the use and application of sealants, flashings, thermal insulation, and air/water/vapor barrier materials within the systems listed above;
· Be able to read and understand architectural and structural drawings, wind tunnel test reports and technical specifications;
· Be able to work with clients and other consulting staff to develop new architectural details and/or remedial details and specifications for exterior building enclosure systems;
· Be able to work outdoors in the field observing installation on construction sites; performing existing wall condition surveys and performing diagnostic testing in accordance with industry standards;
· Be able to communicate and work both independently and within a team environment;
· Have excellent communication and writing skills;
· Be proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, Bluebeam/Adobe Acrobat Pro; and
· Travel is required.
The following qualifications are considered a plus, but not required:
· Licensed (or working toward licensure) Architect or Engineer;
· Experience with AutoCAD or Revit;
· Participation in National Standards Committees.
· Compensation: Compensation commensurate with experience.
Company benefits for a full time position.
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting your resume along with a cover letter
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- AutoCAD: 4 years (Preferred)
- Professional Engineer or Architect License (Preferred)