Job Description for Maintenance Engineer
POSITION TITLE: Chief Maintenance Engineer / Handyman / Shift Operator
Keep all equipment in good repair with a minimum of downtime by providing day-to-day maintenance of the hotel. And to Complete maintenance work orders from all departments on a timely basis by following hotels standard operating procedures.
Continually work towards and support the improvement of engineering service to guests, other departments and fellow staffs.
MAINTENANCE ENGINEER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Respond and attend to guest repair requests.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests.
- Understand and operate advanced electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, HVAC, and boiler systems.
- Communicate with different types of people to comprehend what they want and to provide them with information and assistance.
- Check for new maintenance requests from the PMS (Property Management System) and update remarks once the task is completed.
- Update the maintenance work order form / Job card and file them.
- Ability to interpret readings from meters & gauges and other measuring units.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments.
- Ability to work under pressure situations and exercise good judgements.
- Ability to focus attention on details, speed and accuracy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of hotel guests and pertinent hotel information.
- Ability to ensure security of guest room access and hotel property.
- Ability to read and understand test equipment, measuring devices, and safety manuals.
- Preform maintenance activities in the guest room like plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing all types of hardware, electrical equipment including lamps, air conditioners / HVAC and AC ducts.
- Perform maintenance activities in hotel public areas like plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing all types of hardware, plumbing and electrical equipment and cosmetic items.
- Keep all ground, hallway, staircase such as parking area free of all debris. You my required to broom swipe or blow parking area to keep debris off the parking area. During slow season, you would perform all duties of maintenance, grounds man, Housman and all aspects of hotel to insure quality of Marjac Suites.
- During season you may require doing chemical testing for swimming pool area every 2 hours. If necessary you may require cleaning pool deck, inside pool to vacuum as well.
- Program TV's and perform general housekeeping and engineering-related inventory duties.
- Test, troubleshoot and perform basic repair on all types of equipment.
- To clean, lubricate, protect, and otherwise maintain all tools and equipment in the hotel.
- To operate as an independent mechanic by analyzing problems, identifying courses of action, and implementing solutions with available resources and to a high degree of quality.
- To be available for any emergencies and act in an engineering capacity to protect guests and associates and preserve the building and its systems during the emergency.
- To monitor fire Alarm / Life Safety System systems as necessary, to be fully informed of the system operation and to handle emergencies involving the systems.
- Read and understand blueprints, schematic drawings, and technical parts breakdown.
- Carry out specific oral and written instructions.
- Maintain maintenance inventory and requisition parts and supplies as needed.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- Maintains the hotel facility and related equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Engineering Supervisor or Chief Engineer.
- Train and instruct other members of the staff through sharing of knowledge and skills.
To be able to work in a neat and efficient manner, keeping work areas clean and well organised. Ability to multi-task in busy environment and adheres to hotel the Standard Operating Procedures.
ITI or Diploma holder in Air conditioning and refrigeration or electrical or civil or mechanical.
Minimum 1 to 2 years experience in a similar role with a good understanding of English, both written and oral.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $10.00 to $12.00 /hour
- Maintenance: 3 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Weekends required
- Holidays required
- Day shift
- Night shift
- 8 hour shift