Industrial Smoke and Mirrors (ISM) is a manufacturer of various training simulators including aircraft, weapons, maritime, and ground vehicle simulators, as well as related hardware components. Most of the simulators we build are for our troops, but we do also perform work for the commercial industry. We have an impeccable reputation in the industry and are currently in need of Mechanical Engineers. Many of our jobs are prototypes, so there will be constant changes, challenges, and specific requirements on a project-by-project basis.
To be a successful candidate for this position, individuals will be required to perform complete detailed mechanical designs as well as finite element analysis. All designs are performed in Autodesk Inventor. Individuals must work efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision and must be capable of directing others when needed. Candidates must have recent experience using Autodesk Inventor or similar software. Individuals must have a thorough and functional working knowledge of the manufacturing process including steel and aluminum weldments, sheet metal forming, machining, and assembly.
Duties for Mechanical Engineers will include:
- Applying principles and techniques of mechanical engineering to design, document, integrate, and trouble shoot systems from concept to delivery.
- Specification of mechanical components to be used in the design of these systems
- Directing activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications and customer requirements.
- Possible troubleshooting and repair of fielded systems.
- Using computer-assisted engineering and design software to perform engineering tasks.
- Ensuring design activity remains within proposed budget and schedule.
- Must be able to derive conclusions from analysis and make practical design recommendations.
- Assist in creating timelines for engineering deliverables of an assigned project.
Candidates must possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the above job duties. Candidates must also work effectively and efficiently both alone and as part of a team and perform well with minimal supervision. Experience with flight training devices is a plus. Candidates must have a BS in Mechanical Engineering and at least 5 years of experience in system design and/or system integration.
Position Requirements for Mechanical Engineer include:
- Must be able to produce accurate product designs, drawings and analysis data from customer specifications and requirements.
- Must be able to work within a Document Control System to release and revise drawings.
- Must be able to communicate well with manufacturing in order to build/test designs and resolve issues in real time.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office tools.
- Due to the nature of our work, eligible candidates must have the ability to pass background investigations to gain clearance to military bases and also may be required to pass further background investigations for US Security Clearances
Additional experience in the following is a plus:
- Experience designing simulation equipment.
- Experience with Microsoft Project.
Benefits include an excellent work atmosphere, competitive pay, sick days, vacation, health insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, a company-contributing 401K, tuition reimbursement, a four day workweek (M-TH) and much more.
Please email resume to resumes @ industrialsmokeandmirrors.com spaces) or fax to Human Resources at 407-200-9074. No agencies or recruiters, please. To be considered for this position, you must reference the job title on your cover sheet or email to ensure that it goes to the correct supervisor as we have multiple positions available. EOE, DFWP
Please note that we are a Drug Free Workplace and we do perform background checks. Any offer of employment is strictly contingent on the candidate's ability to take and pass a required drug test within 24 hours of the first offer of employment as well as undergoing a background check. Failure to take the required drug test within 24 hours, failure to pass the required drug test, or refusal to take and pass a background check will immediately void any offer of employment made by Industrial Smoke and Mirrors, Inc.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,736.00 - $139,417.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- Monday (Required)
- Tuesday (Required)
- Wednesday (Required)
- Thursday (Required)
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible