Why Join Pregis?
Pregis is in the packaging business to protect what matters. We are committed to providing our customers and employees sustainable growth through purpose-driven innovation and customer-centric packaging solutions. If you are looking for a company that is thriving across various high growth industries and is innovative, customer focused, high integrity, believes in strong teamwork and collaboration, Pregis is the company for you. Check out the Pregis Purpose to learn how sustainability and social responsibility is at the very core of our company DNA.
Reporting to the VP of Technology, the Product Development Engineer will be responsible for all qualification of films and resins from extrusion, through converting, and end use.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
New Product Development and Commercialization
- Support product development team in completion of customer trial orders
- Assist R&D in completion of laboratory requests
- Review trial results as needed and assist with the management of customer projects
- Support external trials at suppliers and customers as needed (travel involved)
- Support manufacturing in completion of new product development activities
- Recommend formula changes based on analysis of quality data
- Define production blends for new specifications
- Lead troubleshooting pf process and formulation issues, root cause definition
Materials and Suppliers
- Coordinate trials for alternate suppliers for existing products
- Product Development Manager/VP of Technology
- Quality Manager
- Plant Manager
- Material Suppliers
Required Education and Experience and Skills
- Required: Bachelor of Science Chemical Engineering, Material Science Engineering, Polymer Science Engineering, or equivalent
- Advanced technical knowledge. Ability to interpret physical property and composition data of polymers.
- Ability to troubleshoot plastic processing equipment and related defects in the production of thin films
- Must be able to successfully interact and communicate with others.
- Self-Directed – able to manage multiple projects without significant oversight
- Coachable and open to feedback
- Ability to optimize workflow processes and systems
- A strong verbal and written communication skills are a must along with good interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable in a dynamic work environment where projects can shift mid-year.
- Problem solving - identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions
- Customer service - responds promptly to customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments
- Judgment - displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; makes timely decisions
- Planning/organizing - prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently
- Quality - demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Analytical capability – demonstrates the ability to work with data accurately and efficiently
- Project management – shows initiative to lead and develop an array of projects
Diversity and Inclusion
We believe in diversity of thought and bringing together other traits and characteristics that make an individual bring a unique experience to Pregis. We strive to foster an inclusive environment where behaviors and social norms ensure people are welcome.
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement/Inclusion
We offer equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We support inclusion and believe in welcoming a collective sum of individual differences, thoughts, traits, and characteristics to represent Pregis’ culture and achievements.
Visit us at www.pregis.com for more information about Pregis LLC.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location