Build your career and experience advantages of working for the "World's Most Admired Company" (Fortune Magazine) offering opportunities for growth and career advancement!
In this role, the Field Engineer Apprentice will observe and perform various equipment service processes and procedures to drive customer satisfaction and ensure proper functionality of less complex customer diagnostic imaging equipment.
Essential Responsibilities:Supervised responsibilities may include:
- Work within hospital radiology environment to evaluate and troubleshoot imaging equipment issues and implement appropriate repairs.
- Complete Preventative Maintenance on designated equipment.
- Perform safety and environmental inspections ensuring compliance to Health and Human Services and Environmental Health and Safety guidelines.
- Complete necessary service and repair documentation following hospital protocol and GE policies & procedures.
- Maintain daily communications with customers to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to customer satisfaction.
- Learn and ensure proper care of tools and test equipment and ensure calibration. Enhance and maintain technical knowledge of current standards, codes and procedures regarding safe and effective use of medical equipment.
- Mentor with and assist more experienced technicians on progressive repairs and resolution, and will work as a member of the local team to provide efficient service delivery to all accounts within his/her assigned area
- Recent graduate or current student of no more than 12 months from an A.S., B.S. or M.S. Electronics, Biomedical Engineering, Medical Imaging Technology or Mechanical Principles degree program or equivalent DOD military education.
- Must maintain a cumulative GPA of a 2.5 or higher based on a 4.0 scale
- Previous experience and/or course work in which you have successfully interpreted schematic diagrams and performed troubleshooting and planned maintenance on basic diagnostic imaging or electronic equipment following current standards, code, and procedures to ensure safe and effective operation of those devices.
- Must be able to develop and maintain good customer relationships.
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver's license.
- Special Physical Requirements: Candidate must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 35 lbs. unassisted and frequently bend, stoop, twist, climb, crouch/squat, kneel/crawl, sit and stand for long periods of time. Candidate must also be able to reach at, above and below shoulder level, flex/extend neck and have good hand and finger dexterity. Specific vision abilities
required by this job may include color, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- You may not relocate more than 30 miles from your current location without approval from your manager.
- Complete all planned Quality and Compliance training within the defined deadlines. Identify and report any and all customer quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization.
- Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
- The successful applicant must comply with GEHC’s standard background check, including a post-offer drug test. In addition, during employment, the employee must comply with all customer access policies, including but not limited to obtaining and/or providing proof of required immunizations, and additional drug tests or background checks (including a federal government background check if assigned to support a contract with the federal government).
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
- Previous experience interpreting schematic diagrams
and perform effective repair and planned maintenance
on basic biomedical or electronic equipment.
- Analytical and communication skills with the ability to
communicate technical issues to the customer in an
easy to understand manner.
- Ability to develop and maintain good customer
- Experience interfacing with both internal team
members and external customers as part of a solution
based service process.
- Experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical,
electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment in the
electronic field - resulting in knowledge of electronic
digital circuitry and understanding of electronic and
- Change agent and process oriented.
- Local candidates strongly preferred.
What do you envision for your future? At GE Healthcare, we strive to see life more clearly. Our "healthymagination" vision for the
future invites the world to join us on our journey as we continuously develop innovations focused on reducing healthcare costs,
increasing access and improving quality and efficiency around the world.
We are a $17 billion unit of General Electric Company (NYSE:
GE), employing more than 46,000 people worldwide and serving
healthcare professionals in more than 100 countries. We believe in our strategy - and we'd like you to be a part of it. As a global
leader, GE can bring together the best in science, technology, business and people to help solve one of the world's toughest
challenges and shape a new age of healthcare.
Something remarkable happens when you bring together people who are committed to making a difference - they do!
For more information about GE Healthcare join our LinkedIn Group: GE Healthcare Global Community, http://linkd.in/p3Dqyk
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).