- Conduct electrical/hydraulic pneumatic design, peripheral device programming, machine PLC programming, coordinate the machine debug, power-up, and machine validation with build and electrical teams and provide customer documentation as needed
- Ability and comfort programming PLC, HMI, Motion Control, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Vision Systems and other types of electronic devices
- Support Electricians and entire project team including Project Manager, Machine Builders and customer team
- Flexibility and comfort troubleshooting issues that arise
- Travel to install site for install and runoffs with customer when applicable and necessary
- Professional management of customer relationship and requests
- Real-time communication with company management on developments
- Teach less experienced Controls Engineers and Electricians
- Provide application/control systems design and development for systems of varying complexity.
- Develop and evaluate alternative system solutions that meet stated requirements.
- Modify program/system logic involving multiple systems and subsystems.
- Develop proficiency in several programming languages and control device networks for PLCs, PCs, or DCS systems.
- Resolve operational problems related to projects and minimize delays and unexpected costs
- Responsible for project success whether project leader or as part of a project team
- Support sales team in pre-sales technical concepts
- Interpret customer requirements, address design and engineering parameters, and ensure solutions are implemented accurately and within budge
- Exhibit a continual commitment to safety, understand risks, keep up on safety training, report / document incidents as required.
- Adapt to changing priorities while working on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Write functional requirement specifications, including safety standards, interlocks and alarms, based on expected functionality.
- Take responsibility for personal development and continued education; accept and utilize coaching and mentoring from above, provide the same for greener team members.
- Take a lead role in project progress and decision making, especially with less-senior employees.
- Integration of machine control hardware
- Layout of machine control panels
- Wiring diagrams
- Manages electrical elements of R&D projects
- Processing of Engineering Change Orders
- Support to Production and Assembly departments
- Support for field audits, equipment startups, and new product testing
- Bill of Material and Part creation/management
- Customer Service Support
- Cost/Time Estimation of projects
- Support to Technical Writer for catalog/manual development
- Process Improvement
- Other duties as assigned
- Working Knowledge of PackMLQualifications
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Proficiency with Rockwell Automation software for PLCs , Drives, and MMI
- Experience in a structured new product development environment
- Able to identify problems and develop solutions
- Design for cost effectiveness and manufacturability
- Travel 50%-75%
- At least five (5) years’ experience with automated equipment / machinery
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering preferred
- Ability to design electrical schematics in AutoCAD Electrical or similar software
- High regard for safety standards
- Servo design, development, and troubleshooting experience of advanced motion control systems including multi-axis, coordinated axis applications is a plus. (Rockwell Kinetix experience is a plus).
- Packaging or Food & Beverage experience preferred.
- Experience successfully managing technical projects through the entire project cycle including initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, commissioning, and closing phases.
- Familiar with common Project Management tools for managing budget, schedule, and scope of various size projects.
- Experience mentoring engineers on a technical level.
- MMI and PLC programming
- Electrical drafting of wiring diagrams
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong Sense of Urgency
- Proficient working on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously
- Solid computer skills with a variety of software tools including Microsoft Office products
- Good verbal/written/technical communication
- Team player, able to take direction and be self-directedAdditional information
The benefits of joining our team
Because we seek to hire the best people, we work hard to provide benefits that make their lives better, so we offer a comprehensive benefit program which features:
- health coverage for you and your family through medical, dental and vision plans
- a 401(k) plan in with a generous company match
- financial protection through disability, life, and accidental death & dismemberment insurance plans
- tax advantages through flexible spending accounts that allow you to pay for specific health-care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars
- a generous paid time off program in which the benefits increase along with your tenure with the company
When you join our team, you do more than simply switch companies to progress your career. You become part of our family, a group of talented women and men who drive business success.
Job Type: Full-time
- Rockwell Automation software for PLCs , Drives, and MMI: 4 years (Preferred)
- automated equipment / machinery: 5 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative