Network Operations Engineers are responsible for many aspects of the Cisco network infrastructure at CSI. As part of the job responsibilities, this person will be asked to work with customers and provide consistent, excellent customer service via phone.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Analyze, design, propose, troubleshoot and support current customer Cisco LAN, WAN and VOIP solutions
- Evaluate new technological opportunities and how they might impact the CSI network.
- Act as escalation support for customers and other CSI Engineers.
Education and Training:
- Experience with Cisco routers, switches, VPN, load balancing technologies, VoIP, VRU, VSS
- Experience with protocols/Codes to include TCP/IP, EIGRP, VRF, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, RTP, RTCP, IGMP, VRRP, MGCP, H.323, SIP, G.711 and G.729
- Experience with structured cabling concepts and design
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Experience reading trace files is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Perform and assist in performing of the configuration, staging, installation and ongoing support of integrated LAN/WAN systems
- Ability to work in a team environment using best-practice procedures in area of expertise
- Ability to work effectively with and influence internal and external parties to achieve results
- Bachelors degree in telecommunications, networking, or information systems
- Cisco networking certifications are preferred
- Network security and risk training and/or certification preferred
- Hands on experience with Cisco routers, switches, ASR, & ASA Appliances. 1-2 years preferred.