Biotechnical Services Inc. (BTS) was established in 1989. Our mission is to provide ongoing quality service and support to sustain innovation in biotechnology and beyond. We provide our clients with the expertise and efficiency required to be cost effective to their organization. Our team consist of service professionals who have the "service obsession" and drive to support our company to move forward with its goals.
This is an opportunity to grow your field service career in an innovative, team-oriented environment. Our exclusive best-in-class service training and relationship-based service process enables you to build lifelong relationships and a rewarding, long-term career.
This full-time position as a field service engineer requires you to perform on-site calibration and repairs in house or at our client's facility. The candidate will use their troubleshooting, repair and calibration knowledge to complete the service and strive for total client satisfaction.
- Minimum (2) years technical field experience with a proven track record of technical resolutions.
- Preferred (1) year laboratory related experience.
- Calibration experience in multiple disciplines (temperature, pressure, speed, mass, etc.).
- Working knowledge of ISO/IEC 17025, ISO 9001 and OSHA preferred, but not required.
- Technical mechanics (HVAC, motors, electrical, etc.) experience preferred
- Perform all service and calibrations of laboratory equipment to ISO 17025 standards.
- Complete all documentation associated with service order.
- Develop calibration procedures to meet the customer requirements while supporting traceability of the measurements.
- Maintain all equipment and standards per SOP's.
- Seek and facilitate sales of equipment when the opportunity is available (commission is given).
- Health Insurance
- Holiday Pay
If you feel that this is a fit for you. Please do not hesitate to apply. ALL job requirements must be applicable.
Compensation: 45,000 to 60,000 (DOE)
*Please apply through email only. Do not call into the office.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Technical Field Experience: 2 years (Required)
- Laboratory related: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- San Diego, CA 92126 (Required)
- Morning (Required)
- Mid-Day (Required)
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible