OBG (www.OBG.com), also known as O’Brien & Gere, is committed to creating a better future by making a difference each day. Advanced Manufacturing. Energy. Environment. Water. For more than 70 years, OBG has specialized in engineering and problem solving, but the Company’s greatest strength is creating comprehensive, integrated solutions for our clients. OBG – There’s a way.
We are currently looking for a highly-motivated and energetic Environmental Compliance Consultant to service the EHS needs of our industrial and institutional clients in the northeast states, based in our Albany or Syracuse NY offices. The candidate will be a member of our National Compliance Practice and will serve as both a project and client manager. The ideal candidate will possess the technical skills required to lead and execute environmental compliance projects; the business development skills to develop new clients and grow project opportunities; and the interpersonal and communication skills to enhance existing client and regulator relationships. Essential job functions include:
- Use prescribed and established methods to perform specific engineering and scientific assignments
- Maintain regular contact with clients and develop proposals for EHS compliance related work
- Air permitting and compliance assistance experience
- Experience to conduct regulatory compliance reviews for various EHS programs (air, waste, wastewater, petroleum and chemical bulk storage, etc.)
- Responsible for the preparation of environmental plans, reports, permit applications and other project documents; lead technical evaluations of data commensurate with experience
- Manage the technical, schedule and budgetary elements of projects
- Provide regular and consistent communications to clients, regulators and project staff on key issues and developments
- Gain and share knowledge through participation in technical societies and/or attendance at internal and external programs, to a degree consistent with individual and divisional goals
- Be a leader in our safety culture, ensuring that our employees work safely Engage with other senior practitioners within the firm to advance our brands (energy, water, environment and advanced manufacturing) and standing with external stakeholders
Skills & Qualifications
- B.S. in Engineering (Environmental or Chemical) or Environmental Science, minimally, with an environmental consulting/compliance background.
- 8+ years of experience, with at least the last 5 years in the environmental consulting field, particularly in a seller/doer role.
- Ideal candidate has prior experience in compliance/air permitting.
- Highly motivated, team-oriented individual to work in a fast-paced environment, with the desire and skills to provide client, project and staff management functions.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills are required.
- Occasional travel (10-15%), as required.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, race, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Should an applicant require reasonable accommodation with the application or the interview process, please notify the Human Resources Department.
O’Brien & Gere is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.