Northrop Grumman's Manufacturing Operations Engineering organization is seeking a Manufacturing Project Engineer for the Advanced Microelectronics Cell (AMEC). This position focuses on Microelectronics Assembly and Packaging.
The Manufacturing Project Engineer responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the tasks outlined below:
- Hands on evaluation of non-compliant hardware to determine rework
- Providing ROI justification for process improvements
- Developing/revising process documentation and work instructions
- Assisting with design of custom tooling
- Facilitating Root Cause & Corrective Action tasks and driving to closure
- Solving of manufacturing problems (related to materials, designs, equipment, people) in a timely manner
The chosen candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills; be able to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic, and high visibility environment; and work well as part of a team.
Basic Qualifications for a Project Engineer:
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher in Engineering or related STEM area plus 2 years of relevant professional experience (0 years with an MS degree
- Project Management or Process Engineering experience
- Familiarity with Design of Experiment (DOE), Statistical Process Control (SPC), 6 sigma concepts for process development, and control
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Fluency in MS Office software applications
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US Secret Security Clearance (US Citizenship is required.)
- Knowledge of microelectronics technology and materials
- Familiarity with J-STD and MIL-STD requirements and Space Class hardware requirements
- Experience with semiconductor device soldering processes
- Experience with automated pick and place equipment
- Experience with autowirebond or wedgebond equipment
- Experience with automated milling and chip removal equipment
- Experience with laser and ink marking systems
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.