The position of Mechanical Designer will be able to assist the mechanical engineering team in the design and implementation of new products and already created products:
Material Handling such as conveying systems
Robotics: Gantry, 6 Axis, Delta pick & Place, custom grippers & end Effectors
Custom Process's: Washing, Dispensing, Dosing, Cutting, Weighing, etc
Integration of Other equipment
QA vision Inspection Systems
IIOT Devices for factory automation
The right candidate will possess a keen sense and great interest for mechanical and automation systems. The Mechanical Designer ideally would have excelled in mechanical, electro-mechanical, automation, and CAD design courses at a post-secondary education level.
- Work closely with the Quoting/Mechanical/Automation Controls/Procurement/Service teams to design, and support factory automation solutions
- Assist and/or generate solutions, detailed drawings, shop drawings, BOMs, material selection, and technical documentation packages (Such as user manuals, spare parts lists, etc.)
- Participate in the selection, sizing, design, and implementation of pneumatics, induction and servo drive systems.
- Participate in design reviews.
- Support onsite at customers for rapid prototyping, installations and process engineering troubleshooting
- Travel will be required
- Post-Secondary education – Completion of College or University in Mechanical Engineering/Design including Mechatronics, Industrial, and Electromechanical disciplines
- Minimum 2-5 years’ experience as a Mechanical Designer
- Extensive experience in SolidWorks, (Both 2D and 3D)
- Strong communication and computer skills.
- Decision Making: Utilizing effective processes to make decisions.
- Teamwork: Working effectively with others.
- Analytical Skills: Strong analytical and problem solving aptitude. Attention to detail.
- Interpersonal Skills: Effectively communicating, building rapport and relating well to people.
Job Type: Full-time
- 3D Modeling: 2 years (Preferred)
- Mechanical Design: 2 years (Preferred)