The Chief Engineer is the lead of the facilities department and all facilities personnel for a property. They oversee the daily facility and maintenance operations of the property including overseeing work orders, central plant HVAC operation, preventative maintenance tasks, proper grounds keeping, maintenance supply ordering, etc.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Must be able to work a full shift / required work schedule
o This includes extended hours during turnover period
o Also includes responding to on call situations as needed
· Oversee work order system
o Ensure all work orders are completed in a timely manner
o Ensure all reporting guidelines are completed in relation to work orders
· Ensure central building HVAC plant is operating within normal operating parameters.
· Oversee facilities staff
· Develop and Maintain the properties preventative maintenance procedures
· Ensure completion of daily checklists by facilities staff
· Maintains exterior cleanliness and overall curb appeal for the property
· Oversees and verifies all 3rd party vendor work quality on site
· Complete reports as necessary for Property Manager and Corporate Office
· Respond and when necessary coordinate response to any building emergencies including but not limited to flooding, fire, mechanical failure, etc.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School or equivalent education preferred
- Technical or vocational schooling for HVAC or other related fields preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in a real estate or multifamily maintenance capacity
- 3+ years’ experience in facilities maintenance of a high rise facility (over 6 stories tall)
- 3+ years’ experience in a supervisory capacity
- HVAC & EPA I & II certifications
- Proficient in Windows
- Outlook, MS Office
Job Knowledge/Technical Knowledge: Demonstrates a sound working knowledge of current role and the technical systems, applications and equipment used in performing this role, and understands the impact this role has on other business functions within the organization
The ability to write and speak effectively using appropriate convention based on the situation; actively listens to others, asks questions to verify understanding, and uses tact and consideration when delivering feedback to others
Organization: Uses time efficiently by prioritizing and planning work activities
Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates upmost level of integrity in all instances, and shows respect towards others and towards company principles
Judgment: Demonstrates ability to make independent and sound decisions in all situations
Teamwork: Shares key information with others involved in a project or effort, works in harmony to accomplish objectives, responds with enthusiasm to directives, and shows support for departmental and organizational decisions
Quality: Sets high standards and measures of excellence to ensure quality assurance in every aspect of work performed
Accountability: Takes personal responsibility and ownership for adhering to all company policies and procedures while also completing work timely and in accordance with performance expectations
The ability to demonstrate a series of activities designed to enhance the level of customer satisfaction.
Interpersonal Communication: Writes and speaks effectively based on the psychological, relational, situation, environmental and cultural dynamics within the situation
Manages Change: Demonstrates effectiveness and flexibility with changing environments, responsibilities, tasks, and people
Attention to Detail: Follows detailed procedures to ensure accuracy in the entry and reporting of data.
Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves issues timely by gathering and analyzing information skillfully
· Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing or crouching on narrow or slippery surface.
· Substantial movements (motion) of the wrist, hands, and/or fingers in a repetitive manner
· Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, pull, or otherwise move objects
· Bending, stooping and reaching several times through a shift.
· Must be able to see clearly with or without corrected vision.
· Ability to drive to and from client locations, this may involve sitting for extended periods of time.
· Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers
· Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less); distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more); color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors)
· Working in indoor environment with occasionally being present in an air conditioned office setting.
· Moderate noise
· Regular – Normal work hours and days assigned based on a 40+-hour workweek.
Job Type: Full-time
- Supervisory Capacity: 3 years (Preferred)
- Facilities Maintenance of a High Rise Facility: 3 years (Preferred)
- Real Estate/Multifamily Maintenance Capacity: 5 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- HVAC & EPA I & II (Preferred)