Bluestar Engineering Ltd. is a Calgary based EPCM company specializing in small to medium size oil and gas projects. We are a group of professionals who form a fully integrated multi-disciplinary organization backed by many years of experience.
We are currently looking for a Junior Project Engineer to join our team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project support work for design basis, budgets and schedules.
- Participate in facility planning and design.
- Detailed calculations, specification of equipment, review and check detailed engineering drawings.
- Work with drafting staff to prepare PFDs, and PIDs.
- Prepare and review bids.
- Perform review and evaluation of equipment vendor design data, calculations and drawings and communicate with supplier and client personnel.
- Prepare regulatory submissions for facility projects to the AEB, AENV, ABSA and other bodies as required.
- Prepare Line List, Equipment List, Instrumentation List, Tie-in List, and Vendor Lists.
- Chemical or Mechanical Engineering degree is required.
- 0 to 3 years of experience.
- Experience in an EPCM setting is preferred.
- Registered as an E.I.T. with APEGA.
- Ability to adjust to change and multitask in a fast-paced setting.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Personable and able to work with a team in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Desire to learn and develop professionally.
Please be advised that Bluestar Engineering Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and only applicants who are selected, will be contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Safety policies and procedures can be discussed at the interview stage.