Title: Software Engineer
Location: Austin, TX (Hybrid in-office/work-from-home schedule)
Lowering the Cost of Health Care. Together.
Sedera offers an innovative, non-insurance approach for managing large health care costs. It’s a community of Members who help share the cost of one another’s large medical expenses through a secure platform. Sedera’s Member community of individuals actively engage in their health care decision making, are dedicated to a healthy lifestyle, and are united by shared values. Our mission is to create a new normal in healthcare. We empower people to take control of their healthcare experience, through cost sharing.
Every Sedera Team Member is Driven by a Commitment to Live out These Values:
- Solution Shapers - We lift ceilings, pave runways, and forge a better new way.
- Health Champions - We promote the whole health of our team and members.
- Community Builders - Every day we create an authentic connection with our members and one another.
- Intentionally Not Status Quo - Our service and product experience are distinctly refreshing and always excellent.
- Rooted in Love - Love is central, so we strive to treat everyone as we’d like to be treated.
Does this sound like you?
- Love learning new concepts and personal challenges; curious by nature; inquisitive
- Confident communicator; comfortable working with all areas of an organization
- Empathy for people and a desire to help others grow
- Able to understand complex concepts and explain them in simple terms
- Driven to constantly improve
Sedera’s dream team member
Our ideal Software Engineer is looking for a role in a dynamic, fast-paced environment where they can help to build and enhance a high performance team. You are motivated by challenges and love to see innovative ideas transform through technology into tangible, finished products. You resonate with the mission of Sedera and ultimately believe your work is about helping solve larger problems in the wider community.
What You’ll Do
A Software Engineer at Sedera will build new technical solutions to improve the overall software capabilities of Sedera.
- You will build products and services for Sedera customers, members, partners, and internal users.
- You will work across all tiers leveraging Service-Oriented Architecture, progressive web applications, mobile applications, user experience, analytics and integrations.
- You will work closely with the product team to create innovative applications to help drive business growth and user engagement
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of professional experience in software development with Java, C#, or other object oriented language
- Good understanding of object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and problem solving
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of software engineering practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience contributing to the architecture and design of web based applications
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
What We Will Include
A fun place to work - Sedera is a back-to-back-to-back winner of Austin Business Journal's "Best Places to Work" award from 2019-2021 - and a great team to be part of, competitive salary and end-of-year bonus, paid Sedera membership, Dental and Vision, 401(k) with company matching, monthly cell phone stipend, unlimited PTO, free gym membership, and other optional benefits.
Come As "You"
Come as you are, and come with a commitment to be Rooted In Love. We welcome anyone to join the Sedera team regardless of race or color, sex or sexual orientation or gender identity, national origin or familial status, age, disability, religious beliefs, or any other attributes that make you "you." We do not tolerate discrimination, prejudice or harassment, or anything else that negates our underlying values.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $120,000.00 - $130,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- C#: 3 years (Required)
- Java: 3 years (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Work Location: One location