We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn!
Designs and develops computer programs and monitors the work of junior staff to ensure accuracy of program logic and efficient use of computer resources; performs preliminary evaluation of packaged software; conducts system studies, analyzes and evaluates existing manual and computerized systems / procedures to improve efficiency, develops techniques for automating processes as appropriate; conducts Rough Order of Magnitude on application enhancements; determines the need for system security, backup/recovery, data conversion, etc. and makes recommendations; manages system development projects and supports the implementation activities and training, as required; works with business and responds to Production Support issues as necessary.
Essential Job Functions
Codes instructions for computer programs/objects/components; configures packaged software; tests and implements all changes to ensure they meet specifications. Documents and implements programs according to installation standards and conventions. Quality checks program code, related objects and documentation. Responds to Production Support issues. Works with business as required. Analyzes programs to ensure that they efficiently use computer and storage resources; recommends appropriate changes as necessary. Conducts preliminary estimates / Rough Order of Magnitude for the level of effort of new/change to application functionality. Analyzes and makes recommendations for the need for system backup, security, restart/recovery, balancing & controls; recommends approaches for meeting such needs. Analyzes and documents the requirements and approaches to data conversion and data modeling. Conducts system studies, analyzes existing computerized and manual processes to improve efficiency; researches and develops techniques for automation, as approved. Monitors the work of junior staff to ensure efficiency, and compliance with specification. Designs and develops documentation of proposed procedures and systems. Performs preliminary evaluation of packaged software. Manages and controls system development projects. Supports implementation/training activities; troubleshoots system environmental issues, as required.
Education Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent, relevant experience.
- Experience working with Product Model Designer, Rating Engine on Policy Center is a plus.
- Designing, developing, modifying, testing, debugging, and maintaining GOSU language application code within Guidewire Policy Center.
- Configures screen layouts, including creation of new screens (PCFs).
- Experience writing business rules and other business logic.
- Experience configuring operational and administration related parameters such as roles and permissions, user attributes regions, activity patterns etc.
- Experience working within a development team using Agile methodology.
- Experience handling the responsibility of organizing code merges and environment management tasks.
- Prior experience performing minor and major Guidewire software upgrades.
- Knowledge of Personal Lines Insurance domain (Policy Center applications as per product requirements).
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability with Java and GOSU programming.
- Knowledge of J2EE, Application Servers, XML/Web Services/ RDBMS.
- Knowledge of Dev Ops tools such as Jenkins, Maven is a must.
Special Skill Requirement
- 4+ years of web based java development experience.
- 2+ years with Policy Center Configuration and Rating development experience with relevant Guidewire certification.
- Minimum Guidewire version is 8.x and above.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 04/28/2020
Other Locations: United States, Michigan, Grand Rapids,United States, Oklahoma, Oklahoma City,United States, Ohio, Independence,United States, Michigan, Caledonia
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- United States (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Parental leave