Darling Ingredients is a global leader in providing natural and sustainable ingredients for the food, feed and fuel sectors. Conducting business as Darling International Canada Inc. in Canada, Darling operates six processing facilities across the country and is Canada’s largest provider of rendering and recycling services to the food industry. Darling provides essential services to the food industry through the efficient and environmentally responsible management of collecting, processing and converting by-products into ingredients for the animal feed, pet food, aquaculture, fertilizer and biofuel industries. We are committed to environmental sustainability, superior quality and excellent customer service.
The 2nd Class Shift Engineer reporting to the Chief Engineer will be responsible for the Safe Operation and Maintenance of a 1st Class Steam Plant and all plant auxiliary systems.
HOURS OF WORK:
- 12 HR rotation, Day and Night Shifts, 84 hours every two weeks.
- Overtime will be required
POSITION TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Experience with the Operation and Maintenance of Boilers, Water Treatment and all related equipment and auxiliaries.
- Mechanical aptitude with proven troubleshooting skills
The preferred candidate will have as a minimum 3 years of Operating and Maintenance experience in a Steam Plant . The ideal candidate will also possess the following attributes:
- Must hold as a minimum a valid Manitoba or Interprovincial 2nd Class Power Engineering Certificate.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Proven ability to perform multiple tasks in a dynamic work environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to cooperate and build relationships with other functional areas and other facilities within Darling
- Self-motivated person that is able to complete assignments on time with little to no supervision.
Darling International Canada Inc. is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities where our facilities are located. We actively seek qualified individuals with demonstrated skill and knowledge to deal with all aspects of diversity in a manufacturing environment. Darling is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with provincial accessibility legislation. The Human Resources Department will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process. This document is available in alternate format on request. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Manitoba or Interprovincial 2nd Class Power Eng Certificate (required)