ThenWhat is the 360 degree solution for the modern brand. We are a brand and product innovation lab focused on creating a holistic consumer engagement strategy by interconnecting community, content, consumer experience, and commerce to create an authentic brand narrative.
You’re different. And we think that’s a good thing.
We are seeking a Technical Developer for our Men’s and Women’s apparel business. This role will help drive the creation and commercialization of all products for our Athletic Apparel line. The candidate will work closely with Design, Merchandising, Product Development and Production to develop high quality performance apparel at the best prices in the market. This candidate actively monitors development calendars to hit deadlines and key deliverables. They make key decisions which ensure quality standards are met.
The ideal candidate is passionate, responsible, takes accountability, detail oriented, hardworking, trouble shooter and is able to pivot in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate is able to work well within a team environment and is a self-motivator who can work independently.
More tactically speaking, you apply this passion by:
- Manage daily communication with factory
- Manage all steps of fitting process including: Measuring samples, Coordinating fittings with fit-models, Create systems for recording and integrating fit data for size chart parity and optimization, Measuring models, taking notes and photos in-fitting, Communicating fit comments on all styles to factory, Recruiting, scheduling and coordinating with wear-testers
- Organize and manage the Product sample library including coordinating sample shipments to and from factories
- Create and maintain technical packages for all styles
- Act as point person on a product size project, to ensure sizing continuity across all our products, current and future
- Track key product dates and deliverables
- Build and distribute product surveys and analyze results
- Maintain line sheets and technical sketches up-to-date
- Coordinate user testing for new category development
- Create standardized checklist by Development Stage
- Review Grading with Design Manager
A Bit More About Us:
ThenWhat is on a mission to build a collective of thinkers, dreamers and misfits to reinvent the world. Millennials, Gen Z and the consumer in general are increasingly hungry for authenticity in their products and experiences. By focusing on the consumer experience, ThenWhat works with existing brands and builds new brands that are shaking up the status quo in apparel, luxury, beauty, media, food/beverage, wellness industries, and more.
What You’re Bringing to the Team:
- 5+ years of experience working in apparel technical development
- Experience developing and grading a wide spectrum of shapes and sizes
- Experience with wear-test data collection, survey creation and participation in innovation research studies is a plus
What We’re Bringing to You:
- Health/Dental & Vision insurance
- Flexible and remote working options
- Visibility with and access to our founding team and our executive staff.
- Participation in company strategy meetings with the expectation of contributing towards the future of ThenWhat
- Experience building a company. You’ll help shape our culture and our future.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $120,000.00 - $200,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location