Immediate opportunity exists for a Service Engineer for our Laser Plastic Welding group, working out of our Fremont, CA office.
Responsible for the technical relationships with customers and prospects and will work internally with sales and project engineers to identify and communicate solutions to meet customer business/project needs. The Solutions Engineer will act as a resource for the sales, account management and front line technical sup-port, and will work closely with other functional departments within the company.
· Works directly with customer contacts to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve technical issues associated with Leister hardware and software.
· When a solution requires additional expertise, provides customer assistance by escalating and re-producing the problem to internal development sources until a solution is reached.
· Provides customer feedback to sales and management to facilitate road map and relationship planning.
· Documents technical articles or knowledge-base for use by other technical support personnel and/or customers and partners.
· Participates in the technical support on-call rotation.
· Works cross-functionally within the organization and with external partners, integrators and vendors.
· Engages in first level support for customers requiring routine support and troubleshooting.
· Assists sales team through preparation and delivery of technical presentations and statements of work by matching specific client business requirements with effective technical solutions.
· Educates prospects on product implementation and usage and answers their technical and security questions.
· Participates in consultations and/or product capability demonstrations with prospects to support sales efforts.
· Creates relationships with key decision makers and serves as external technical spokesperson.
· Develops and maintains a broad knowledge of applications expertise and industry activity to stay aware of trends, issues and competitions.
· Tests customer samples, designs testing concept and presents solutions to sales personnel.
TRAINING / TECHNICAL DIRECTION / EDUCATIONAL LEVEL
· Passionate commitment to quality and success.
· Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently.
· Ability to manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively under the pressure of time constraints in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
· Bachelor degree, or equivalent, in related discipline. Materials Science, Chemical, or Welding Engineering degrees are preferred.
· Minimum of 3 years of technical support or development experience.
· Principle knowledge of thermally joining of materials with focus on thermoplastics.
· Experience with Microsoft Windows OS administration and troubleshooting, including Device Manager, Software installation, Network settings, Event logs, and System Information analysis
· Customer Support experience including knowledge-base and support ticket administration and using remote support tools like Team Viewer.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to travel occasionally is a must
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off