AVX is a leader in the global passive electronic component and interconnect products industry at the forefront of technology, design, manufacturing and supply. AVX enjoys significant competitive advantages, including the benefit of global manufacturing and distribution provided by 22 manufacturing facilities in 11 countries.
Career Opportunity Now Available for:
POSITION SUMMARY DESCRIPTION:
The Design Engineer II is primarily responsible for incorporating customer data into manufacturing processes for custom build-to-print Thin Film Electronic Components for the Medical, Defense, Space, and Communications industries. Manufacturing processes include Sputtering, Photolithography, Laser Trimming and Plating. This position also provides process engineering support for the Thin Film operation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with customers on new designs, offering suggestions for improvements or alternative solutions that promote manufacturability.
- Provides product specific details and processing concerns to Sales and Marketing to assist with RFQ creation.
- Participate in design reviews, order acknowledgements, technical reviews and assist with bill of material / product structure planning.
- Utilize computer-aided design software to produce and review artwork used in manufacturing.
- Responsible for the creation, review and maintenance of work instructions / shop packets for manufacturing.
- Closely monitor time to release jobs to manufacturing, focused on reducing lead-times and first-pass success.
- Maintain existing engineering documentation and drawings.
- Supervise Engineering Technician(s), emphasis on CAD technology.
- Strive to surpass continuous improvement, quality, yield, and cost savings objectives.
- B.S. degree with 3-5 years of related experience, or a M.S. degree with 1-3 years of related experience. Mechanical Engineering degree is preferred.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD and an in-depth knowledge of industry design principles.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and customers.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to promptly respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers (internal and external).
- Accurate and strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Flexible/adaptable in a dynamic environment.
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 CFR 120.15 is required.
We offer an attractive salary and benefits package.
AVX is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time