Dana Incorporated is seeking to fill 2020 spring engineering co-op positions at their World Headquarters in Maumee, OH. This is a great opportunity to develop your technical skills by working alongside Dana's engineers in the completion of departmental oriented tasks/assignments.
Potential Departments available:
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist engineers with design, application, testing, & development of Dana products & processes.
- Interface with all disciplines including: Advanced Design, Applications Engineering, Product Engineering, Design, Analysis, Test & Development, Samples, Materials, Gear Engineering, NVH (Noise, Vibration & Harshness), PDM (Product Data Management) & Manufacturing.
- Design, assemble, test & analyze specified products to meet various customer performance requirements.
- Perform research, design & development of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly method & production equipment.
- Assist with creation & implementation of advanced technologies.
- Process development/documentation of safe manufacturing work instructions.
- Create & test the development of new ergonomic tooling designs/capabilities.
- Record & collect data for Value Added/Value Engineering projects.
- Write & present reports on all active projects
For Materials Engineering Co-ops , other primary job duties may include but are not limited to:
- Perform sample preparation (section, mount, polish), testing, & material analysis on samples submitted to the laboratory
- Evaluate & interpret test results & prepare test reports (including opinions, where appropriate & necessary)
- Become proficient with laboratory equipment & test methods (examples of tests that may be performed include: mechanical properties of metallic & non-metallic materials, hardness, chemistry, environmental testing, wear testing, and dimensional/metrological testing)
- Responsible for planning tests under supervision of laboratory personnel to determine appropriate testing & analysis
- Learn materials & metallurgical theories applicable to various Dana components
- Learn basic design, function, materials & testing of various Dana components
- Work on laboratory assignments in a timely manner with minimal supervision
- Keep laboratory & equipment neat & clean
- Perform laboratory weekly co-op specific assigned tasks
- Metallographic structure interpretations
- Material/manufacturing processing problem analysis, failure analysis
- Prepare etching solutions; ensure a ready supply of etching solutions and solvents
- Enrollment & active pursuit of a Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Engineering Technology (Mechatronics background is a plus) - Specific majors: Mechanical, Manufacturing, Materials Science, Metallurgical, Computer Software, Electrical or Mechatronics program.
- Proven work experience, strong analytical ability, & excellent mechanical aptitude.
- Self-directed & motivated individual with great organizational skills.
- Experience with Manufacturing or Assembly a plus.
- Computer proficiency in a Windows environment utilizing Microsoft Office (Teamcenter Unified Architecture experience is a plus).
- Willing to do multiple assignments & rotate through other engineering departments.
- Full-time availability.
- Good oral & written communication skills.
- Must be able to interface in a team environment.
- Paid co-op
- Opportunity for overtime depending on department
- Access to on-demand training & onsite technical education training sessions
- Potential visits to assembly & machining plants to learn about manufacturing processes & procedures
- Gain valuable work experience & work on diverse teams
- Opportunity for long term growth