***Security Clearance Required:
Perform systems engineering duties in the design, integration, and testing of shipboard and shore-based Unmanned Carrier Aviation Mission Control Systems (UMCS). May conduct basic and applied research to evaluate adaptability of systems and equipment to UMCS design. May recommend improvements in testing equipment and techniques.
This position will provide System Engineering (SE) support to the AIRWorks Special Projects Execution & Advanced Rapid Integration (SPEAR) team. The systems engineer is responsible for providing expertise and technical leadership to support the design and integration of the UMCS aboard aircraft carriers and shore sites for the US Navy.
The candidate will:
Apply systems engineering expertise focusing on requirements generation and derivation, concept/technology development, capability assessments, test & evaluation and integration/installation of the UMCS aboard aircraft carriers and designated shore sites.
Lead/coordinate quick turn-around special studies. This includes organizing the study team, establishing product expectations within the team, ensuring quality of technical products and developing/delivering associated technical briefs and products.
Apply knowledge of systems engineering in support of:
system definition, development, modeling and simulation, Test and Evaluation, integration, verification methods, sustainment, supportability efforts, and interoperability requirements across a wide range of hardware and software systems, for both air and ground-based systems.
Plan, analyze, and evaluate technical and product support efforts used to:
a) define total UMCS systems/subsystem requirements
b) translate requirements into design criteria
c) evaluate alternative approaches
d) develop specifications for the systems and subsystems
Collaborate with Government and Industry engineering, product support, manufacturing, and program manager personnel, including technical experts from various DoD entities.
Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering field from an accredited college or university
Master's Degree from an accredited college or university
Electrical or Mechanical Engineering (preferred)
10+ years of relevant work experience with a Master's Degree.
Allowable Experience/Education Substitutions:
Bachelor’s Degree, plus 4 years additional relevant work experience may be substituted for a Master’s Degree.
No substitutions for a Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering field. This is required.
Desired Knowledge Skills Abilities (KSAs) Qualifications:
- Engineering principles and concepts, theories, and application to system design, architecture, and integration.
- Weapon systems, subsystems, electronics and technical data generation on rapid prototype and acquisition program(s).
- Aircraft Carrier communication systems integration and installation.
- Basic IT networking principles and applications.
- Lethality and survivability principles.
- Microsoft Office applications.
- Configuration management and quality assurance principles.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills. Ability to interface with military, contractor, and government personnel at various levels.
- Ability to multi-task and willingness to work in a fast-paced and accountable environment• Strong interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills. Ability to interface with military, contractor and government personnel. Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
Security Clearance Required:
CRL Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sexual orientation, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.