About Flexible Plan Investments
Since 1981, Flexible Plan Investments has been dedicated to preserving and growing wealth through dynamic risk management. We are a turnkey asset management program (TAMP), which means advisers can access and combine our many risk-managed strategies within a single account. Our fee-based separately managed accounts can provide diversified portfolios of actively managed strategies within equity, debt, and alternative asset classes on an array of different platforms. We also offer advisers our On-Target Investing tool to help set realistic, custom benchmarks for clients and regularly measure progress.
Flexible Plan Investments (FPI) is looking for a bright, motivated .NET developer (preferably C#) with an ability to pay attention to detail. This individual must be good at following coding to requirements, but they must also be good at filling in gaps where necessary.
The developers and business analysts work closely together in a smaller team environment where everyone’s opinion is at least considered. Along with .NET experience, we are looking for a person who knows their way around a database and can write good queries in T-SQL. We breathe T-SQL, so that skill is just as important as .NET. Other than that, the technical skills that would be nice to have are WPF (especially in conjunction with Telerik), XAML, MVVM, Entity Framework, MVC, AngularJS, dotnetnuke, Telerik Reporting, WebAPI, and responsive design, but what is most important is a positive attitude and a willingness to learn on your own. In addition, a really, really nice to have skill would be Clarion. The business experience that would be nice to have is financial calculations and accounting. We use Agile-like methodologies, and estimating is a very important part of our job. We have a lot of new development going on and a lot of legacy code running, so this person must be comfortable creating new development and making changes to legacy code which is not very well documented.
- Five years of professional experience working as a developer performing requirement analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation in banking or financial domain.
- Experience with desktop applications utilizing WPF, MVVM, NUnit Tests, LINQ and Entity Framework.
- Experience with web applications utilizing ASP.Net, MVC, Angular JS, Java Script, XML, JQuery, JSON, WEB API, HTML and CSS.
- Experience with Telerik/Kendo controls is a plus.
- Experience with SQL Server 2016/2019 design and development of Stored Procedures, SSIS, Triggers and User Defined Functions required.
- Strong object oriented design skills and familiarity with Agile (sprint/scrum) development methodology.
- Outstanding analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Employee health screens if in office; masks if unvaccinated. Social distancing with dividers between desks.
- .NET: 5 years (Preferred)
- T-SQL: 5 years (Preferred)
- Telerik: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location