Intellisense Systems, Inc. is looking for an exceptional FPGA Design Engineer to join our Electro-Optics team. As part of the team, you will work alongside experienced engineers and scientists to perform hands-on development of FPGA-based embedded systems. You will design and contribute to system architecture development, simulation, verification, and troubleshooting in accordance with project team objectives, requirements, and schedules. Get ready for a “hands-on” engineering opportunity and being part of a team dedicated to your growth.
Projects that the candidate could contribute to will include:
- Developing state-of-the-art electronic circuits for radar and electronic surveillance systems.
- Prototyping and proof-of-concepts of 5G and mmWave communication solutions.
- Maturing visual light communication (Li-Fi Technology).
- Designing and implementing image processing algorithms and deep neural networks.
What You’ll Do:
· Design and contribute to the development, implementation, and verification of FPGA-based embedded hardware and firmware solutions for proof-of-concept and prototyping, including modeling and simulation, integration and test of components, subsystems, and systems.
· Develop DSP, communication, image processing, and control systems using hardware acceleration engines, high-speed serial and parallel interfaces, embedded processors and memory.
· Perform component and development board/kit selection, IP core selection and implementation, testing, validation, and troubleshooting.
What You’ll Bring:
· Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering (Master’s is a plus).
· 2+ years of hands-on experience in the development and implementation of FPGA-based embedded systems in DSP, communication, and image processing applications.
· Proficiency in HDL, C/C++, MATLAB/Simulink (experience in translating algorithms to HDL – is a plus), and FPGA tools (e.g., Xilinx Vivado, Altium Quartus).
· Demonstrated knowledge in design, verification, and test methodologies, hardware and software architectures, interfaces, and communication protocols.
· Preferred familiarity with Zynq MPSoC and ECAD tools for schematics and PCB layout (e.g., EAGLE, Altium Designer, OrCAD).
What You Could Expect:
· Collaborate with industry-leading scientists and engineers in a high-performance culture.
· Work in a research environment with a precision focus on the integration of emerging technologies.
· Partner with trusting leadership that approaches tasks and requests with urgency.
· Enjoy the freedom to take risks, to innovate, and to be rewarded.
· Deliver products that are continually recognized as industry disruptors.
Intellisense Systems, Inc. innovates what seemed impossible. Our products have been deployed in every extreme environment on Earth! We are a fast-growing Southern California technology innovator that solves tough, mission-critical challenges for our customers in advanced military, law enforcement, and commercial markets. We design, develop, and manufacture novel technology solutions for ground, vehicle, maritime, and airborne application.
*U.S. Persons status is required*
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. Intellisense Systems, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Our applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status.
Job Type: Full-time
- Electrical Engineering: 1 year (Required)
- FPGA: 2 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Signing bonus
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply