Position: Manufacturing Engineer/Technician
Provide engineering expertise for the support of existing manufacturing operations and improvements of existing medical device products lines. This will include devising efficient systems that integrate workers, machines, materials, and information. In addition, will assist with maintaining multiple machines, such as the Multivac, in the production process, including support for changeovers and adjustments.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support manufacturing, helping to produce products meeting Eagle Labs quality standards, cost targets, and production schedules.
- Assist with Multivac machine set up, shutdown, change overs/line clearance and adjustments.
- Maintain preventive maintenance records and documentation to meet preventive maintenance schedule.
- Assist with machine maintenance duties as needed and maintain records and documentation.
- Communicate with the Production Supervisor/Manager/Scheduler regarding machine schedule and readiness.
- Operate computer-controlled equipment.
- Utilize off-line measuring devices to check seal integrity.
- Implement time studies and methodologies to reflect proper labor standards and costs.
- Observe and evaluate manufacturing operations to drive efficiency through process improvements.
- Communicate with team members and supervisors on issues such as safety and production goals.
- Write work instructions.
- Create internal label specifications.
- Develop processes that are safe, mistake proofed, and easy to follow instructions using design for manufacturing principles.
- Provide cost and expense information as required to accounting.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 2 years manufacturing engineer experience (preferred!) or Associates Degree in Engineer discipline.
- Manufacturing/Technician work experience in medical device a plus
- Mechanical aptitude with capability to install, assemble, repair and maintain production equipment
- Ability to trouble shoot machinery problems/issues
- Software proficiency
- Microsoft Word, Excel, database experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend procedures written in English
- Excellent verbal communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility.
- Preform most manufacturing operations on an intermittent basis
- Climb ladder, lift up to 75 pounds, position as need to construct, repair and maintain production equipment
- Must be able to fulfill all requirements for cleanroom access
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- engineer technician: 2 years (Preferred)
- Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730 (Required)
- Please describe your past experience as a engineer or technician in a manufacturing environment.
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place