Senior Hardware/FPGA Development Engineer
The Senior Hardware/FPGA Development Engineer actively engages in every phase of the project throughout its lifecycle. The central activities of this role require the engineer to be responsible for FPGA architecture and technology analysis, design, implementation, simulation, synthesis, timing analysis and on target verification. This role will also require the engineer to lead or contribute to schematic capture and test plan development/execution activities, in order to create and sustain reliable hardware products. Depending on the program needs, this position may require PCB layout and assembly oversight.
- Architect and implement new FPGA applications from the ground up, including HDL design, simulation, synthesis, place & route, static timing analysis, on-target testing, etc.
- Research and evaluate cutting-edge FPGA hardware and technologies.
- Lead, and when necessary provide coordination of, hardware architecture, design, implementation and verification tasks towards the development of IoT intelligent edge device solutions.
- Evaluate client product specifications, work with clients to resolve specification concerns, and design/implement products to these requirements.
- Conduct circuit design, simulation, analysis and verification.
- Conduct circuit and product risk assessment.
- Develop BOM, product costing and when required, manage PCBA build.
- Create validation plans for devices, and lead risk assessment for manufacturing.
- Design for manufacturability of high volume products.
- Execute process for product failure communication, identification, and resolution.
- Work with the software/firmware team on new board bring-up and troubleshooting.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly autonomous individual, able to lead hardware and FPGA-based projects from system requirements through production.
- Strong FPGA design skills including pipelining, algorithms, switching/routing, RTL design/implementation, synthesis, place & route , static timing analysis, and verification, with the capacity to quickly evaluate FPGAs and FPGA cores based on product requirements.
- Experience with the design of system-on-chip (SOC) architectures, DDR memory & multi-core processor subsystems, networking, and peripheral interconnects.
- Strong background in hardware design with a focus on high-speed multi-core microprocessors, queuing, buffers and complex memory structures, IoT, sensor interfaces, wireless technologies (Cellular Modems, GPS, Bluetooth including LE and Bluetooth 5), vehicle communication technologies and networking communications, both wired (USB, Ethernet, etc.) and wireless (802.15.4, 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, etc.) including UDP, TCP, HTTP, FTP, etc.
- Experience resolving complex technical issues with customers and external test labs.
- Experience developing automated testing and/or scripting to support manufacturing and certification testing.
- Experience developing low-level basic C-language code or scripts used to verify the hardware.
Supervisory / Management Responsibility
This position does not have responsibility for managing direct reports.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering.
- 5-10 years of hardware design and development experience.
- 5+ years of FPGA design, implementation and verification experience.
- Thorough knowledge of VHDL and Verilog HDLs, device testbench and simulation
- Strong understanding of general hardware product architecture, design, development, verification and certification processes.
- Strong analysis, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Morey Corporation is an 87-year old electronics manufacturing services company offering contract manufacturing, joint design manufacturing, original design manufacturing, custom off-the-shelf and finished product solutions. The Morey Corporation leverages comprehensive product development, engineering design, manufacturing and technology expertise in power electronics, telematics, controls, sensors, displays, cord reels and handsets.
The Morey Corporation offer a competitive salary and benefits package including, health, dental and vision insurance, ancillary plans, 401(k) program and paid time off.
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
If your job is not essential to manufacturing you are required to work from home. All employees are required to wear a face covering and social distance when in the office. Common areas are cleaned and sanitized regularly.
Work Location: One location