Field Engineer (or Technician) - Automation
Acquire Automation is seeking an experienced Field Service Automation Engineer who has experience in automated manufacturing to service and integrate our custom machine vision products for our customers
Our outstanding history with our clients has provided us with consistent growth since our inception, and we anticipate strong growth in our future.
The Field Service Engineer/Technician will have a hands-on aptitude to start-up and service equipment in demanding production environments. This role will develop, program, install, and support the integrated of automated systems, including machine vision; always meeting project timeline, budget, quality, standards, and client expectations.
The Field Service Engineer/Technician must rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. With experience, this position may lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity, leadership, and latitude is expected.
Much of the work of the Field Engineer/Technician is done at the client site, performing integration and start up responsibilities. This role will require up to 30% travel, with bonuses offered, in addition to salary to incentivize. This position is considered an FLSA Exempt level role.
Previous experience in an automation integration position is a strong plus. Significant capability and experience in the development of automation solutions is preferred, as is a strong understanding of PLC programming. Previous experience in machine vision programming is strongly preferred.
This position requires a minimum of the following skills/job knowledge:
· This position requires a A.S. degree or higher in an Electrical or Computer Engineering or Technology discipline or equivalent degree/work experience.
· Internship or Co-op work experience with PLC programming and troubleshooting preferred and considered as part of work experience.
· Valid Driver’s License, reliable vehicle, current auto insurance policy, with a Good Driving Record
· Strong Communication Skills
· Strong Customer Facing Skills
· 1-3+ years working with and programming automated equipment including vision preferred.
· 1-3+ years programming Allen Bradley PLCs preferred.
· Hands-on experience with electrical panel, design, build and troubleshooting; including field installation of cameras, bracketry, sensors and ancillary equipment required to support installation and troubleshooting of equipment.
· Strong Troubleshooting Skills and technical aptitude.
· ENTRY COMPENSATION AND TITLE WILL BE BASED ON EXPERIENCE
· Must have an inventive mind and be able to address a number of unforeseen problems that arise over the course of a project and installation. Usually there are many, especially when a project involves new equipment or procedures.
· Effective communication to different levels of the organization
· Proven attention to detail and organization including proofreading, follow-through, and project communication
· Ability to collaborate effectively with staff from diverse disciplines
· Demonstrated initiative; ability to undertake additional responsibilities and respond to situations as they arise with little or no supervision
· Ability to make independent sound decisions and independently manage priorities in alignment with department and site drivers
· Experience and tolerance for constant high level of challenge and change in fast paced, results driven organization Strong organizational skills
The following skills are preferred:
· Experience troubleshooting automated equipment
· Visual Basic scripting experience
· Cognex VisionPro toolset experience
Acquire Automation has an outstanding commitment to creating a culture of opportunity and growth for talented professionals. We reward success with a career path that will allow you constant opportunity to learn. We understand that project integration may require a significant amount of time at start-up, and we have created outstanding flexible time off and work hours to allow you a healthy work-life balance. We also offer competitive salary and benefits options.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit resumes.
Clarke Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and is drug free.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year
- Indianapolis, IN (Preferred)
This job will require you to pass a background check: