GENTEX AT A GLANCE:
At Gentex Corporation, we’ve created an environment where great ideas and great people can thrive. Leveraging a history that spans over 125 years, Gentex is a global leader in personal protection and situational awareness solutions for defense forces, emergency responders, and industrial personnel operating in high performance environments. Join our multinational team of exceptional and dedicated employees around the world and work on challenging and rewarding projects, grow your skills, and advance your career all while making a positive difference in the lives of our customers. Together, you and Gentex can build a career that’s uniquely yours.
- Min. (5) years of Quality Engineering experience in an Aerospace environment is required.
- Previous experience with quality concepts, metrics and problem-solving methodologies, including Supplier Quality, Manufacturing Quality, ISO 9001 Lead Auditor (AS9100D preferred), SPC, Corrective and Preventative Action processes, COPQ reduction.
- Extensive experience in the use of the Microsoft Office suite in generating professional documents and reports.
- Experience in implementing process improvements utilizing various quality initiatives i.e. 6-Sigma, Green Belt or Black highly desirable.
- A B.S. Degree in Mech. Engineering or related technical field preferred. ASQ & BB certifications highly desirable.
ABOUT THE JOB!
The ideal candidate will determine the Root Cause, implementing effective corrective actions for Gentex’s products and services; recommending process improvements and reducing cost-of-poor-quality (COPQ) & supporting the Quality Management System (QMS) as required by the ISO 9001 and AS 9100 Standards.
- Knowledge of aerospace and electromechanical manufacturing processes (oxygen mask and connectors, CBRN hardware, PCB, electronic and electromechanical assemblies)
- Well versed in the activities needed to support design, development, and manufacturing in accordance with accepted standards
- Must possess good Problem-Solving skills to develop, capture, and implement statistical processes to promote reduction in COPQ.
- Must possess skills to investigate & to determine the Root Cause and to implement effective Corrective Actions.
- Working knowledge of PFMEAs and DFMEAs is highly desirable.
- Ability to interpret customer quality requirements and product drawings, schematics, specifications, DoD DFAR and FAR requirements, etc.
- Ability to read, and understand Engineering drawings including GD&T
- Team focused with the ability to participate in and/or lead cross-function teams
- Detail oriented with strong organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Professional stature with strong oral presentation skills and the ability to influence others.
- Proficiency with QMS processes such as CAB, MRB, CPAR’s, Internal Auditing, etc.
- Liaison/Support for Government Source Inspection (GSI) and other customer source inspector requirements
- Supports the effectiveness of the Quality Management System, certified to the ISO 9001 and AS9100D standards, including audits, MRB, CAB, management review and related tasks
- Design, implement and evaluate quality assurance processes and sampling techniques, including ownership of our COPQ system.
- Conduct Quality Assurance Planning to define and document how the requirements for quality will be met for customer requirements including defining inspection criteria instructions and inspection points for products.
- Lead Material Review Board (MRB) to review and disposition nonconformities, Corrective Action Board (CAB) to review and account for Internal and Supplier CPAR’s
- Lead and/or participate in customer complaints, failure analysis of returned product, and quality issues resulting in stop ship or stop Production.
- Work closely with the Supply Chain to coordinate supplier corrective actions and leading supplier quality improvements.
- Represent Quality in product development teams/projects and develop and execute plans such as the quality plan.
- Review, approve and develop product verification plans and respective test/measurement methods
- Create reports for top management on the drivers of cost of poor quality, and give recommendations for continuous improvement initiatives
- Conduct training on Quality Assurance concepts, tools and methodologies as required
- Completes other duties as assigned by the Quality Manager
- Autonomy- Ability to assume own responsibilities and to work with minimal supervision. Encompasses the ability to exercise considerable latitude in the use of initiative and independent judgment in order to achieve objectives
- Team Work- Strong ability to collaborate with others and to be a member of a team, while being respectful of other team members in order to reach department and company deadlines and goals
- Continuous Improvement- Ability to identify improvement opportunities, manage performance indicators and solve problems by accurately following the principles of continuous improvement
- Partnership- Ability to establish and maintain effective and productive working relationships, partnerships or networks of contacts with people who can contribute to achieving objectives
- Decision Making-Ability to take measures, in a timely manner, to solve problems involving various levels of complexity
Gentex’s Rancho Cucamonga facility is located in Rancho Cucamonga, CA is a city of about 177,000 residents located just south of the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains and Angeles National Forest in San Bernardino County, California, United States. About 37 miles east of Downtown Los Angeles, Rancho Cucamonga is the 19th most populous city in southern California and the 27th state-wide. The city's seal, which centers on a cluster of grapes, alludes to the city's agricultural history including wine-making. Also, the Ontario Reign Hockey and Quakers Baseball teams are located 20 minutes from the Rancho Cucamonga location.
At Gentex, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Gentex Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status or on the basis of disability. Gentex is an E-Verify Participant. Pre-employment drug/alcohol/background screening is required. If you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Gentex, please call our Human Resources department at (570) 282-3550.