SHINE Medical Technologies is currently seeking a Radiological Waste Management Engineer to join our team!
SHINE Medical Technologies is immediately seeking a mid-level to experienced Radiological Waste Management Engineer reporting to the Chemical Process Systems Engineering Manager. This is an opportunity to work on a first of a kind nuclear system of a manufacturing plant for nuclear pharmaceuticals.
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Parental Leave
- PTO & Paid Holidays
- Relocation assistance
This position will focus on supporting the chemical and mechanical systems in the Chemical Process Systems engineering group, which ensure the safe, efficient and effective operation of the facility. Key responsibilities include design, procurement, and implementation of the key systems that handle waste streams.
Specific responsibilities may include the following:
- Prepare and/or review calculations, reports, drawings, and test plans in the following areas:
- Chemical separations of aqueous media
- Solidification of aqueous media
- Other chemical and mechanical calculations
- Write procurement specifications for chemical process equipment
- Work with equipment vendors for on-time, on-budget design and/or delivery of chemical process equipment
- Perform owner’s acceptance reviews for vendor provided reports and calculations
- Prepare/review test plans for factory and site acceptance testing of equipment
- Perform walk-downs of installed equipment in the field
- Test plans for chemical analysis of samples
- Perform experimentation on preparation and separations of radioactive solutions
- Responsibilities will be assigned based on experience, education, and desire to learn specific areas.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Nuclear Engineering, or related technical discipline
- 4+ years of engineering experience in design or waste management
- Ability to oversee multiple projects/activities in an environment with changing priorities
- Willingness to learn, understand and develop new technology
- Ability to design first of a kind systems in a team environment with coworkers and/or vendors
- Experience making design decisions while taking risk into account
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
The following experience is preferred:
- Experience in highly regulated industries
- Experience working with procurement to obtain equipment
- Experience working with vendors on final system design
Experience in one or more of the following areas is not required but would make a candidate stand out:
- Experience managing radiological waste or designing systems that interact with radiological waste.
- Familiarity with waste disposal facilities in the United States
Indeed Hire and SHINE Medical Technologies are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- Engineering experience in design or waste management: 4 years (Required)
- System design: 1 year (Required)
- Managing radiological waste or designing systems that interact with radiological waste: 1 year (Required)
- Janesville, WI: More than 40 miles (Preferred)